Used 1996 Oldsmobile Ciera Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Ciera for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Comfortable and Quiet

Matt, 09/16/2006

I bought this car brand new in '96 with the 4-cyl. engine. It has never stranded us though it has had some major problems. They include eating three head gaskets and bad rusting near the trunk/rear end. There are two baseball sized holes at each rear wheel well into the trunk. and while it has not been a real problem, the fuel pump whirrs loudly, enough for the passengers to always ask "whats that sound?". Otherwise it has a great ride and comfortable seats, which makes up for the lackluster acceleration and performance. This car has developed more and more rattles and squeaks from the dash. I guess it's not TOO bad for an American car with high mileage and not garaged for its whole life.

Great First Car

Bamboo, 09/19/2006

This is simply an A to B car and nothing more. The car's quality is sub par compared to other vehicles of the era. It does offer a great first vehicle platform. It's large, cheap, handles the winter well, but gets mediocre gas mileage. There is also plenty of cargo space.

Cheap and dependable

it's paid for, 03/22/2007

Yes, this car is about as much fun as watching molasses run uphill, in January. But it is bullet proof mechanically, and gets me from point A to B without fail. The V-6 never missed a beat, and after 168k miles, still refused to use a drop of oil. HVAC is one of the better features.

Great car at excellent value

1996 Olds Ciera Wago, 10/12/2008

I bought this car on auction from Suffolk County. It is an ex fleet vehicle. I use it primarily to take me to and from work. Which it does very well. While not an sexy car. It works for me. The mileage is excellent and with 100k + on the odometer all I have had to do is change the oil , have it inspected and flush the rad. Excellent buy. I still get quite a few comments (positive) about it.

used county car

Sean, 08/11/2009

I had bought my 1996 Olds Ciera Wagon from Suffolk County on auction. It had over 100K when I bought it. I have used it as a utility vehicle basically to carry stuff that I do not want getting wet in my pick up. The car has been excellent, while not a great stand out by styling it does the job it is suppose to do. Like the car very much. Have the 3.1 V6 offers good acceleration.