Used 2013 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

My little red car Versa SL
By Charlene Leber

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 SL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I have had two Versa cars. The 1st one a 2007 hatchback model. The 2nd one I still have. It is red and very nice looking with alloy wheels. It may take a few seconds longer to merge into traffic. You just allow a few more seconds. The gas mileage is outstanding at 35 average and 40 mpg on the highway. This car is a 2013. I have had this care for 5 years and haven't had to spend hardly extra money on it. just to change the oil. This is a great little car to drive around town and does very well on the highway too. Why do you want to know my weight, reviewing a car?

Great Little Car
By Harry Ward

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

At 72 I've driven most car brands since getting my license at 16 -- and this Versa is right at the top for value. Not doing rabbit starts or slamming on the brakes lets me get 40-43 MPG. It is not as luxurious as my old Mercedes -- but adequate and comfortable. I am the original owner and have 68,500 miles on my Versa; and have had zero mechanical problems. I bought a basic maintenance plan (and have a lifetime power-train warranty), but have only changed a set of tires, wiper blades, & front brake pads -- nothing else except fluid(s) and filter(s) changes. The car has all the options except heated seats and navigation. (Google maps is a lot cheaper.) This should be my last car until I'm buried, and that's just perfect for me! UPDATE: 10,000 more miles since my last update and still very happy!

Nissan doesn't stand behind warranty.
By Ken Putnam

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Clutch catastrophically failed at 47,000 miles of mostly highway driving. Despite a 60,000 mile power train warranty that was 100% silent on clutch exclusion, Nissan just said "no". They said they couldn't prove it was a defect-maybe I abused it, therefore they refused to cover it. I've been driving vehicles with standard transmissions for 40 years without one ever failing on me, so I know with 100% certainty it is a defect in their vehicle. When I asked their mechanic who did the work on it how long a clutch should last, he said a hydraulic clutch on a vehicle like this should easily last 150,000 miles, but his name wasn't on the dealership sign. When I appealed to the Nissan Regional manager he just said "no" with no explanation other than "he had reviewed it".

Very good car
By Dee

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 SL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Save money on gas

TOUGH Little Car..
By ibervilleroyal

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

The day I received a $3500 estimate to fix my 6 year old Prius was the day I TRADED IN that 6 year old Prius & Got my BRAN NEW Versa ...
Even Up,
No Regrets :)

A year later I now have 45,000 miles on my Versa. Ive delivered pizza with it in the ice & snow storms of Northern Wisconsin to the heat indexes & humidity of South Mississippi. I get 36mpg Delivering in town with the air ON and 44mpg on freeways.

I only use a full synthetic 0w-20 motor oil and keep the car serviced. Ive Driven this car Long, & Very, Very, Hard - and it has never faltered me or slowed me down.
It never ceases to Amaze me how much power and room I can have under 15 Grand all-the-while averaging 40 mpg.

Lots of Power for 40 mpg. & Great Engine Sound. Lots of ROOM for a small car. Easy to Get in and Out of for Big People. Simple Gauges. Smooth Ride. Classy Styling.

Would Like a Toggle Switch on the Dash for the Throttle to choose between SPORT MODE and ECONOMY MODE.