Skip to main content
12345...10

See Edmunds pricing data

Has Your Car's Value Changed?

Used car values are constantly changing. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in.

Price history graph example
We have a limited number of reviews for the 2021 Sentra, so we've included reviews for other years of the Sentra since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Wonderful car.

Wonderful car., 07/31/2020
2020 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Nice ride and quiet cabin. Beautiful dashboard and instrument cluster at night. Sound system is stunning and the wind noise in the highway at 80 mph. Is Barely noticeable. I love it!

2020 Sentra, the best yet in its class

D.Winters, 04/27/2020
2020 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I traded a late model honda civic, for the new sentra, i found after two months owning it, that it handles better is much quieter on the highway, has a much more updated saftey package that is standard on all trim levels A step ahead of my Civic.

Elegand and Sleek Sedan

Esteban, 04/27/2021
2021 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I was looking for a practical car for my long commute (76 miles RT) The Corolla SE and Nissan Kicks SV were at the top of my list. I test drive the corolla first and didn't like it, the car was just ok. I continued to Honda and test drive a Civic (Sport) in red, the driving dynamics were by far superior to the Corolla. The Civic is sporty and sexy on the outside and well appointed and comfortable inside. I almost bought this car, but my wife didn't want the Civic. The following day, I went to Nissan to try the kicks and told my reluctant wife that the Mazda CX-30 was next on our list. Upon arrival at Nissan, we spotted a beautiful two-toned dark red kicks SV with a black roof, the car was really nice, had plenty of room on the second row and trunk, but the engine was severely under powered. Then we spotted an electric blue Sentra SV (which was never on my list or my wife's), it came with a premium package (ivory leather seats, power seats, sun roof, Michelin tires) we test drive this car and got blown away by the experience (peppy engine), the Sentra cornered sharp curves like nothing, since it is a new model (been on the market for few months now) as opposed to the 4-year old Civic, the interior was superior to the Civic as well. It is very elegant, everything is in the right position and visibility is superb, you definitely get more car for the money. We were so impressed with the test drive that decided on the spot that the Sentra was the car we were buying. In the showroom, they had a metalic orange Sentra SR with a black roof, LED lights, lower suspension, spoiler and other add ons to make it look very sporty. We bought this car and got a great deal from Nissan ($21.5k, 0%, 60 months) After few hundred miles, I like this car even better, it is really elegant, the interior is comfortable, roomy (my 12 and 14 year old daughters love all the space they have in the back) and it comes with all the latest technologies. Nissan did a good job with this car for sure. On the negative side, its hard to find something to say here, but there are few minor things for consideration: (1) MPG is listed as 29/39 on the SV and 28/37 on the SR, which is the trim that I have, but I am getting only 29-30 (average) so far, which is below the 32-33 MPG I was hoping/expecting. (2) at highway speed, sometimes I get a vibration on the steering wheel for a second or two, it might have to do more with the Hancock tires on the SR (I test drove the SV with Michelin tires and never felt the vibration), and lastly (3) the light sensor is super sensitive, when I drive underneath overpasses sometimes the dash goes dark (low light mode) and comes right back to high light mode (for contrast) when receives sun light again, I wish Nissan engineers had tuned this feature for a lag of 20-30 seconds or so, so it doesn't change light modes so fast, but some drivers might like this feature instead. I am really happy with this car, it has everything at a really good price, without unnecessary trade offs, it is roomy, agile, elegant and sporty.

4 out of 5 stars

Great car better than my 2011 Sentra.

M. Starks, 06/28/2020
2020 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We picked ours up yesterday and put 140 miles on it. Has a lot of nice features for the money. Handles very well, better than I thought it would. The engine pulls along pretty good for 149 horsepower. The seats are comfortable but, you may be limited to fitting in them if you are a little wide do to the side bolsters. Everything is right at your finger tips but, the car can be a little tough in spots to see out of. I would recommend getting one with the around view 360 for parking since you cannot tell where the front end is at. The car is low so you may damage it if you are not careful. The car is quiet and smooth to a point. The only drawback is like with most Nissan vehicles is the road noise from the tires on some highways. You would think they would add more sound deadning material in the floorboards. The trunk is bigger than expected also. The gas mileage is promising since it was already getting 34 miles to a gallon in all around driving. Since the car is not broken in yet I cannot use the cruise control. We will take it on a long trip this weekend to really test it. We are pleased with this Sentra it is a good car with a lot to like especially for the money if you can find one.

The Car That Broke the Camel's Back

V, 01/19/2022
2020 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My husband and I figured we would be a Nissan family for life. We don't always have perfect experiences at our local dealership, but they try their best and we always look at the brighter side of things. However, we can't really look past the bad experience we've had with this car. We had the 2017 model and loved it. Our 2020 model, however, has been nothing but trouble since it started and Nissan has done absolutely nothing to solve the issue. Our charging ports broke. Our sensor in our front end had to be replaced. The back sensor screams at us if we so much as park behind a leaf. We started to hear a "clicking noise" when we turned the steering wheel and took the car in for an inspection (this came at the same time as the only recall on the car, so the timing was convenient). They said everything was fine and that they "fixed" the clicking. Not so much. Lastly, the breaks failed and he got into an accident yesterday. Not only did the breaks fail, but so did all of the safety features that are put in place to prevent this very same type of accident. No breaks, so he couldn't slow down. No sensor went off before the accident, and finally, the car did not break automatically on it's own, which it's supposed to do. Thankfully, no one got hurt but this could have been so much worse. When we talked to Nissan about it, their only response was that it was our insurances problem. We're never buying a Nissan again, let alone a Sentra.

3 out of 5 stars