Used 2002 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 243 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

BEWARE ENGINE NEEDED REPLACEMENT FTER 138000 MI
By DJ

2002 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Am the first owner and engine went at 138,000 miles. ???? Very disappointed. We serviced this vehicle and no way this engine should have to be replaced at 138000 miles. ONLY OWNER ride locally. I would never buy a Nissan because of thiS

TYPE R SPEC V NISSAN SENTRA SPEED MACHINE
By Javier Flores Guerrero

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've purchased this car only for the fact that the manual transmission has 6 gears. The interior looked really sporty and its was all red inside somewhat like material used in jerseys and I really liked it. The car currently has 186,000 miles and I drive it really hard and always responds aggressively. I have toped the speed at 140 miles per hour in a safe straight away and it still wanted more. I've only changed the normal wear tear items like wheel bearings and the brakes and a power steering hose that leaked and that's it for the miles this is a great car. After modifying the exhaust and added legal CA headers it added much more power. The car does feel solid for its size and takes turns like a champ.

243,000 miles and still running
By Alex Carr

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car was given to me to jump start my life again my grandfather bought it for $700 with 236,000 miles and I have had few problems the belt tensioner pully needs to be replaced and the front shocks need to be replaced, I replaced the brakes (someone didn't know what they were doing so I completely replaced everything). I love the way it drives , the brake feel is fantastic, it has cheap tires but you wouldn't guess that it does. The 4 cylinder engine is powerful the transmission shifts smooth but does jerk every now and again, Paint looks horrible. Overall it keeps my insurance cheap and its my daily driver, I plan on getting a newer vehicle but I will keep this car until it dies!

Great Car Value
By Hawwison@yahoo.com

2002 Nissan Sentra CA 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had 2 Sentras since 1985, this one being my second. I bought both my sons Sentras when they graduated college (1994 & 1998). The older one was sold in California by my son with 175,000 miles on it and it was still doing fine. My other son gave the 1998 to my sister, and that's still going strong with 185,000 miles on it. If you are looking for a reasonably-priced, easy-to-maintain car, this is the one!

Fun Nissan
By David Aguilera

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I'm no car expert, but I've driven two Spec-V Sentra; so I figure to have a say. I consider this car to be a very great affordable car. The Spec-V model provides comforts, speed, and good looking aesthetics. The 6 speed version is perfect for your needs on the road. On HWY 1 (Californians will understand) this car has the acceleration to get you over any hills, and the handling for the windy roads you will find.

Just my preference, but front-wheel drive isn't fun. This car is sporty and should be rear-wheel.