Used 2007 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Great on the eye, faulty radiators
By Emily

2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Do not buy this year or any year around it pathfinder. The transmission problem is real, it will happen! And the fix is more expensive than the car is worth at that point. This is super upsetting for me because i otherwise loved this suv. I had it for about five years and then all of the tell tell signs started. It is super upsetting Nissan is not stepping up to the plate on this one, the fix is way too costly. We are having to find a new car bc this one is so messed up and it's not worth the cost to repair when the issues go VERY deep.

SAVE YOURSELF!!!! TRANSMISSION/RADIATOR COOLANT
By Lina Hassan

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My originally bought this vehicle from Tennesee. No rust great when we had it at first! 1 year later the COOLANT IN THE RADIATOR WAS MOXONG WITH THE TRANSMISSION. Of course there's no way of cleaning it unless YOU REPLACE THE WHOLE TRANSMISSION. I spent more than $6k fixing this vehicle. I went to the Nissan Dealership and said it's A MANUFACTURER DEFECT PROBLEM THAT MANY THOUSANDS OUT THERE ARE GAVING THE SAME ISSUE. And they can't help you unless ur vehicle is less than 100k miles. Mines at 140k right now. So disappointed I have been at multiple auto shops including Nissan dealership fixing this truck. Apparently when they designed the vehicle the SMART DESIGNERS couldn't figure out that once the coolant started mixing with the transmission it would cause it to damage and the computer was out. I had to reset the computer programming for $2k at Nissan dealership and that doesn't even include the $4k I spent buying a rebuilt transmission. Stay away! I honestly discourage u buying this vehicle. I am giving an honest review. If you want to spend every 3 months at the auto shop be my guest!!!!! Nissan needs to address this issue.

Love my SUV
By Samuel Murphy

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for this SUV for months, I'm very happy with it. It's everything I wanted.

My dog likes it.
By R lindday

2007 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Flat floor big enough to sleep in while camping

Worst Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By jem10

2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My family has owned many Nissan/Infiniti vehicles over the years and have loved them, until this one came along. We, along with many others, were faced with the dreaded transmission/radiator problem. We rebuilt the transmission, luckily had a warranty that paid for it. Then, 5 months later, the oil pump failed, which required a new timing chain tensioner along with many other simultaneous repairs, $1700 bill and 3 weeks in the shop. The TPMS light has been on for 1 year. I have had the system checked multiple times and the mechanics didn't know what was wrong with it. I have encouraged my entire family and all of my friends to choose something besides Nissans in the future.

Comfort, 4WD. The Nissan Pathfinder makes a beautiful lawn ornament.