Used 2004 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 683 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Rotten Lemon
By Koralb

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Please do yourself a favor and stay away from this junk. After 50K miles when the problems will start. I have spent over 5 grand in repairs and still have a leaking steering wheel line.

Saved my life so bought another one!
By happy

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had car less than a month and road rage truck forced me off the freeway. Car did three back over front rolls (both wearing seat belts). Passenger had ONE scrape on their shin and I had concussion from head hitting collapsed sun roof many times. No broken bones. All the air bags made a cocoon to protect both.

Best car I've had!
By Lori schneider schneidee

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm getting another one. It's been perfect for me! Only your normal wear and tear repairs with over 140,000 miles. Great power and comfort ability. Best option by far is the heated steering wheel up here in the cold northern mornings.

Best car I've owned
By Robert N Maximas

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I paid a high price for this fully appointed '04 Maxima with 100k miles in 2010 ($10,000) and, after driving it for 7 years, I can honestly say it was money well spent because it has been the best car I've ever owned. Comfortable, powerful, dependable, attractive and low maintenance. Couldn't ask for a nicer car! Approaching 200,000 miles now and the engine and tranny are still rock solid but the suspension needs work so I've purchased a 2010 Maxima.... Nice as the 2010 is, the 2004 still gets better gas mileage and has more spunk. Amazing car!

My 3rd Maxima!
By Jack Schoen

2004 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

None of my Maximas have had great acceleration; ride could be better given that these are Nissan's flagship cars. Otherwise, dependable, comfortable, almost luxurious interiors; great for short or long drives; reasonable mileage; never a major repair - all routine (brakes, tires, wheel baring's (after 150 K miles), struts, etc. Very happy with Nissan.