Used 2016 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

nissan frontier , the El Toro of trucks
By walt jakan

2016 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

had a f-150 and had to dump it cause it was breaking the bank in repairs . this frontier is great in that it fits into the garage , has an extended bed , but one thing for sure , you need the step rails to get in and out easily . just love it

Lacked Asscessories
By Robert

2016 Nissan Frontier S 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased the Nissan Frontier base model without power windows or door locks. We are in our 70's, and that was a mistake. We had vehicles like that when we were you and thought it would be no problem. It was. Two months ago I was driving by the Toyota dealer and they had the same truck, 2017 Frontier SV with those features. I drove in and traded truck. Over all I like that truck.

The Company not the vehicle
By Dan C

2016 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The company made a smaller truck (which are fairly popular) and made it so it is almost impossible to customize. Can't lower (without spending a fortune)...can't find after market wheels...and let's go on. Was interested in trading...no one will give me anything for it. I only have 5K miles on it (almost new) it is 1 1/2 years old..perfect condition--paid 24K and now no one will give me 14K for a almost new truck..not even the dealership I purchased it from. The story is longer but don't have all day. Had nothing but problems dealing with NISSAN when I purchased it.

Good truck
By Susie

2016 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased with my truck except befire 10,000 miles i had a leaking wheel seal....they fixed it no problem!

Don't believe the negative reviews
By Don G. Schley

2016 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

First, this truck is very similar to the original Isuzu I-370 (Colorado/Canyon twin), with some notable exceptions. First, the Frontier still has the tightest steering in its class....and having driven ALL of its competitors, I have no idea what Edmund's is talking about when they talk about heavy steering. I took this new truck, with its 6-speed manual (Nissan is the only company in the world to offer a manual transmission as the standard feature in its power version of their leading light truck!) , up Ute Pass on US 24 west of Colorado Springs. This stretch comprises 10 miles of 30-45 speed zones with very tight mountain turns and switchbacks. Here the 30-45 speed limits are realistic, not restrictive. Yet I took this new Frontier Pro 4X at 65 mph the entire way and did not slip or slide once. The frame is slightly shorter and wider than the Frontier's competitors, so it held the road that much better. I cannot say enough good about this truck. The Bilstein suspension makes it handle better and deliver a far smoother ride than its Isuzu/Colorado/Canyon competition. Moreover, while the competition is busy forcing automatic transmissions down our individual and collective throats whether we want them or not, Nissan is doing it right by offering this superb, proven vehicle in its 2016 off-road version. My gas mileage average in-town is 17.8, and I have had higher from my 2007 Isuzu I-370, which I bought new 11 years ago. The issue of gas mileage is my only complaint so far. For those who want a superb on-and-off-road vehicle with superior power and a manual transmission, I recommend this version of the Frontier above all others.