Used 2012 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Not rugged
By Grant

2012 Nissan Frontier SL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Only have 40,000 miles. Br 28000 brakes replaced, allow rims corroded. All repair and service done at dealer. Nissan said all rims corrode, and brakes rusted. Last winter 2 front end allignments done. Nissan customer care wouldn,t even talk to me. After buying 3 trucks 3 maximas and1 Murano LE, which we traded in for Lexus RX350 this is my last Nissan. Long turning radius and hard to backup. Had to remove rear headrest for visability. Would not recommend for a cost new at around $37000

Best truck I've owned
By Dr Joe B Drane

2012 Nissan Frontier SL 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My foreign car mechanic says this is the best engine he's ever worked on. I've added leather seats, body side moulding, step rails, trailer hitch, backup camera, upgraded rearview mirror with temp and direction, Roll N Lock tonneau cover, and bed rug. These additions have made this the best truck I've ever owned. Its quiet, has great towing handling, superb acceleration, a nice styling look (mine is blue), and wonderful ride on the highway. I'd like better mileage, but this is a truck with a big engine. I have had zero maintenance problems, and have yet to have to need warranty work. It came with a lifetime power train warranty. I'd buy this truck again without reservation.

Awesome!
By Jeff Anglin

2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Amazing Truck Value. No issues with this one. It's a keeper.

2012 Frontier SL- Winner!
By Jake Jacobson

2012 Nissan Frontier SL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had this truck for a few weeks but it is exceeding my needs as expected. It came with a Snugtop shell and appeared to have light use. I chose this trim line over the Pro 4X because I wanted features but not the off road ride. At 53000mi it feels very tight. Engine is a little raspy when cold but smooths out in a few miles. I've only used the 4 wheel drive a little in the snow but switching was easy and it worked. Limited slip and abs was a new thing for me. Although I have to duck when getting in the headroom is fine. The heated leather seats are firm but not hard with no sign of wear. I found myself using heated seats well into spring. Center armrest is useless (to far back) but it's storage is ok and has a power port. Rear seat headrests do block vision some when looking back but heated mirrors work well too. Sprayed on bedliner is not as thick as LineX I had in another truck but is ok for light use. Tailgate liner is not sprayed on, is very slick and scuffs easily.

Now a year later I have only changed plugs & filters and went to synthetic oil. MPG has gone up some, reaching 20 or so on longer trips.

GreatTruck
By Louis

2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my fourth Nissan Frontier truck. I bought the 2012 por4x and it was not a disappointment . I am going to be trading it in on a new 2016 shortly. The only thing that I don't care for is the gas mileage .I use premium Shell most of the time. I get around 15.5 mpg. But I have noticed that if I run a few highway miles on it ,it tends to get better mileage. It all depends how you treat the accelerator if mileage is in question. . You don't have to "floor it" to pass or keep up with traffic . The v6 is sensitive in that it requires only moderate acceleration. I suggest to anyone who owns one or is considering buying one that they check their tire pressure often as possible. You will get a more comfortable ride if you do.