Used 2012 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Best truck I've owned
By Dr Joe B Drane

2012 Nissan Frontier SL 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My foreign car mechanic says this is the best engine he's ever worked on. I've added leather seats, body side moulding, step rails, trailer hitch, backup camera, upgraded rearview mirror with temp and direction, Roll N Lock tonneau cover, and bed rug. These additions have made this the best truck I've ever owned. Its quiet, has great towing handling, superb acceleration, a nice styling look (mine is blue), and wonderful ride on the highway. I'd like better mileage, but this is a truck with a big engine. I have had zero maintenance problems, and have yet to have to need warranty work. It came with a lifetime power train warranty. I'd buy this truck again without reservation.

Awesome!
By Jeff Anglin

2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Amazing Truck Value. No issues with this one. It's a keeper.

2012 Frontier SL- Winner!
By Jake Jacobson

2012 Nissan Frontier SL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had this truck for a few weeks but it is exceeding my needs as expected. It came with a Snugtop shell and appeared to have light use. I chose this trim line over the Pro 4X because I wanted features but not the off road ride. At 53000mi it feels very tight. Engine is a little raspy when cold but smooths out in a few miles. I've only used the 4 wheel drive a little in the snow but switching was easy and it worked. Limited slip and abs was a new thing for me. Although I have to duck when getting in the headroom is fine. The heated leather seats are firm but not hard with no sign of wear. I found myself using heated seats well into spring. Center armrest is useless (to far back) but it's storage is ok and has a power port. Rear seat headrests do block vision some when looking back but heated mirrors work well too. Sprayed on bedliner is not as thick as LineX I had in another truck but is ok for light use. Tailgate liner is not sprayed on, is very slick and scuffs easily.

GreatTruck
By Louis

2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my fourth Nissan Frontier truck. I bought the 2012 por4x and it was not a disappointment . I am going to be trading it in on a new 2016 shortly. The only thing that I don't care for is the gas mileage .I use premium Shell most of the time. I get around 15.5 mpg. But I have noticed that if I run a few highway miles on it ,it tends to get better mileage. It all depends how you treat the accelerator if mileage is in question. . You don't have to "floor it" to pass or keep up with traffic . The v6 is sensitive in that it requires only moderate acceleration. I suggest to anyone who owns one or is considering buying one that they check their tire pressure often as possible. You will get a more comfortable ride if you do.

great truck-- excellent value for the money
By DOUG DREVO

2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

if you need a back seat to carry passengers do not buy the king cab version-- unless you are hauling small children. The king cab back seat is only good for gear ect--there is no leg room for adults. This trucks has very tight handling and a firm ride. The exhaust noise is louder than my old Mazda B4000 was but Frontier has a much more powerful V-6 and its more fun to drive. Mine is fairly low option model but its well finished inside and out and everything continues to work perfectly. I wanted a Tacoma but basically the same optioned truck in a Toyota was 5-6 grand more-but with only a 4cyliner engine. Next time I might get the crew cab version to have useable back seats but for a weekend work truck the SV King cab does the job. Mileage is about15- 16 in town and 17-19 on the highway--though I have gotten up to 20 hwy running higher octane fuel. The manual climate control systems work ok just a bit of getting use to. The traction control on this truck is wonderful. On snow covered roads with ice you can get by just fine without even engaging the 4WD. The 4WD works just well but this truck (with 150lb of weight in the back does) excellent except in much deeper snow or glare ice when you need the 4 wheel drive. The engine is a joy--smooth and powerful.