Used 2010 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Best car I've ever owned!
By Robert Kingsley

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've been driving Nissans exclusively for over 35 years, and I've never had one moment's regret. This is the best one so far.

I'd do it again
By b seng

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It was totaled from the rear by a distracted driver, but my wife walked away. So, I like it for safety. We had just been talking about what a great car, no repairs since we bought it certified pre-owned in 2012. Tires, windsheild wipers, oil and gas. Extremely reliable. Also, we like the CVT.

Nissan has gone done hill for me
By James H

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'm a gear head and love cars ranging from Honda, Toyota, and Nissan to American muscle. This has been my 33rd car that I've owned through life, yes, I've had a lot of cars, but I have a habit of buying, modding, trading, or selling cars until I bought the 2010 Altima. It was strictly for work and the ensure that I don't have the mod bug to try and modify this car. It worked for a couple years and I started to look at upgrading the seats, stereo, rims, etc.; however, at 75k miles, I replaced the struts and lower control arms. Then, the transmission began to whine a lot which is a recall from Nissan which got extended to 120k miles. With that said, the dealership must deal with Nissan and perform all that corporate request on the car before swapping out the transmission with a new one. That puts a strain on the customer who must take time off of work and drop off the car three times before the CVT transmission was finally replaced at 107k miles. Now, the techs found out that the struts are leaking once again, and the lower control arms are shot. I've replaced them with factory Nissan parts and drive mainly highway to and from work, I avoid bad roadways and mainly use the cruise control once on the highway, so I don't drive it crazy. I've replaced the oil cooler gasket which cost close to $500.00 and was about to replace the alternator for the second time along with a belt but at this point, the cost of repairing everything wrong with the car cost more than what I owed on it and I got rid of it. I bought this car as a step towards buying a 370Z since I've owned a G35 in the past and never had issues. I've had bad experiences from 6 Nissan dealerships from owning this car for 4 years: 3 in Houston and 3 in the DFW area. Now, the last Nissan dealership took care of me and was apologetic but the bad experience and the lack of customer skills along with quality deters me away from buying my dream car which is the GTR since I no longer want to deal with Nissan.

If you're going to buy a car with a CVT, go with Honda or Toyota, their customer service and warranty program are more customer friendly not to mention that most dealerships will work with you and not treat you as if they don't want to deal with you.

Just never took to this car...
By Susie Q

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

From the minute I drove it off the lot! I think a lot of it had to do with feeling cheated, high pressured, and that I had overpaid by quite a bit . The car drove well, front seats were comfortable in particular for the driver. Backseats roomy for grandchildren but not necessarily adults. Maintenance was pretty easy and of average cost. I'm happy to finally be selling it . It's been paid for for years and a positive was the miles per gallon.

Great Buggy
By terry underwood

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I think this will be a very dependable car for me.