2017 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:

hypermiler mirage
By james mandill

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

this car isn"t for everyone but if you like to save money you will love this car. i am averaging 45 mpg city 50 plus on highway. you have to learn how to drive the cvt transmission and keep rpm"s around 2k to get the best mileage. ac is ice cold and a very comfortable ride. there is some road noise and you wont win any races but this car will change the way you drive for the better. i am relaxed when driving this car because i no longer allow other drivers control the way i drive. i actually look forward to driving this car and passing up those gas stations.

To all of the Mirage "Pro" review snobs!
By Mirage Advocate

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I am sorely tired of reading all of the "professional" reviews on the 2017 Mirage....enough already! It's the mob mentality...pile on! The car is perfect for what it was designed for...plain, excellent mpg, tremendous warranties...that's it! No, not going to beat even an old person pushing a walker off the line...won't happen. Won't ever be confused with the lavish interior of a Lexus or Infiniti...stupid to think it would! Is it cheaply made (to a point) and have doors that are very light and non-substantial...yep! Is the handling on par with the Porche and Mercedes? Don't expect that to happen! BUT, does it get exceptional mpg? I got 46 mpg my first tank of gas....was amazed...middle of winter in MN! Does it come with the industry-leading warranty? Better than Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Chevy, and Ford....Yes! Does it cost a king's ransom? No! You can easily (relatively) own this car new off the showroom floor and enjoy a decade of powertrain coverage, and, depending on the miles you drive....maybe even a decade of bumper-to-bumper coverage...unheard of! If you intent is to be from point A to point B with the least possible cost, both in mpg and cost of ownership then this is your vehicle! Unpretentious, not overpriced, full of value...that's what the Mirage was made to do and it delivers in SPADES! So, all you snotty "professional" reviewers go take a hike! Too bad Mitsubishi isn't paying you exorbitantly to overrate their vehicle like Nissan, Honda, Toyota, etc. Show some integrity...call it like it is! I know REAL jobs are hard to come by but persevere, maybe Mitsubishi will hire you to detail and prep the new Mirages to sell...it would be Karma at it's best! I love my Mirage....no payments, fantastic mpg, industry-leading warranty, and, I'll pass most cars by as they refuel at the gas station! Mirage Nation unite!

Retired mechanic loves the Mirage
By gary greenwell

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

I started working on cars in 1968, doing bodywork. Later I bought and ran a repair shop. Also built close to 200 salvage vehicles over a career that ended in 1999. I paid cash for the car, have carried no debt for 21 years now at age 67. I can afford to buy more expensive, the wife can afford to buy even more expensive. I bought the Mirage after researching the MPG capabilities especially those drivers who could reach 60 mpg in this car. The rear seat leg room is ample for my parents (96&92) to ride comfortably up to 50 miles each way without any problem. with my 6 feet in the drivers seat moved all the way back. Closing in on 3 years and 38,000 miles, the biggest problem was rear axle alignment which Mitsubishi finally fixed with a replacement rear axle. i had almost the same problem with a 2006 Corolla bought new which required a body shop to re position the rear axle mounts. The Mirage axle had camber and toe issues with the right rear wheel. Now I have a new set of Ensaves and a properly aligned rear axle and can really feel how well this car handles, with no modifications. I can go around the turn into my neighborhood coasting at 27 mph without any problem except the gasp from the wife if I tried to do that with her in the car. I have driven almost any car you could imagine including a DeTomaso Pantera, Ferraris, Jag XKEs. The Mirage is not one of those but with the alignment fixed it's completely capable of doing things on cloverleafs that would make you gasp and that is with stock suspension components. As far as resale value, I have no intention of selling my Mirage so resale won;t happen unless I become physically incapable of driving a manual transmission, at least until the warranty expires, by which time I will be 73+ years age.

Love my little blue baby
By Dog Mobile­čÉż

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

Like everyone else I do not understand the professional reviews. I am a nurse not a NASCAR driver. Unbelievable gas mileage 40 or more on the highway more than 30 in traffic! It is comfortable for two large dogs with the back seat up or down. I can pack in a months worth of groceries from Costco with the rear seat down. Wish I had known about this car 3 years ago when I bought a lemon of a Nissan Sentra- now there was a piece of ?!#%!

Just what I expected
By Tom

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

Unless you like to accelerate hard and make a lot of sudden high speed maneuvers, the Mirage lacks nothing in performance: easy to keep up with traffic, stops very well and is quiet and comfortable for this class of car. Had it up to 100mph (verified on GPS) and passenger thought we were doing 80. And it is lots of fun in tight places! Super warranties and low purchase price. I drive highway miles in east central Illinois where it can be very windy with no problems. Shopping around is always a good idea, but I bought this because it has a three cylinder engine like a motorcycle I used to own!
After 1-1/2 years and about 31k miles there is nothing significant I would change about the car that would also be cost effective. I am driving more in town now and the mileage has gone up slightly! Still fun to drive.