Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Consumer Reviews

Used GL-Class for Sale
Select your model:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

Still Have One of the First and Love It

Chuck, 10/12/2009

I bought one of the first off the assembly line and have been very happy overall. Only problems I had were at 40,000 miles with the cowling around the steering column coming loose and at 48,000 the front wheel bearings going bad. Of course all of these problems were fixed by the dealer. The interior of the vehicle is outstanding, but the view out the rear window is somewhat restricted. And getting into the third row seat takes a little effort. The third row seat has to be one of the most comfortable available. Adults can actually sit there comfortably without their knees in their chest. I'm not crazy about the exterior design. No complaint with the power, it's great!

Overall Pleased

Lauren, 09/14/2006

I owned an ML before and was very excited about the GL when we were first told about it in Jan 2006. We preordered and took deliver May 7, 2006! I loved the car right away, and already have 10,000 miles. Having driven it now for 6 months, I can say that I would make two changes! DVD location, and split 2nd row seats. I have two children (in car seats) and running carpool with this creates big problems getting into the 3rd row! Also, DVD player needs to be accessible and controlled from the front seat! Children cannot unbuckle or get out of carseat to change DVD player that is located under the 2nd row seat! Very poor design for a mother with children! Otherwise, a fabulous car!

Very nice car but...

BM, 09/13/2006

Driving the GL is a great experience, I am very happy with it. After having an Acura and a Lexus, I was happy to be back with MB. I was surprised to see a serious lack of technology. especially with the outdated navigation system (a portable one with a fraction of the price has more features and less complicated) and you should be able to change the radio station or CD without loosing the view of the map. Touch screen is standard in other cars. DVD in the back under the back seat make it imposible to change DVD or start it for the kids without stopping and diving under the seat (mainly it is for kids restrained in the back seat). Need child safety locks for the back doors.

SUV from Utopia

KARL_MD, 10/03/2006

What a vehicle. The complete package, from styling and performance to comfort and luxury. I have only had the black-on-black beauty for several days now, but I can state with certitude that there is no other full-size SUV that comes close to competing. I considered and test drove the 2007 Tahoe, the Armada and the Durango. I am glad that I did not settle for anything short of the GL 450.

Much Better than the ML!

Chris, 12/04/2006

I have had 40 cars in the past 25 years, but this is one of the best! The new GL Class is my 7th MB and the best one to date. Power is smooth and responsive, steering is fluid, sight lines are not restricted. My two complaints are the braking, which is touchy and not fluid, and the seats. The seats could use a deeper bottom cushion for your legs, a la the '07 S Class. I do have the multi contour option which helps, but doesn't solve the problem. Gas mileage is good, reaching about 18-19 on the highway. Interior space is roomy and silent! Air suspension eats up the bumps, too! Barring some lower back pain on long trips, this is the truck for you if you want to haul, be it kids, or cargo

12345...16