Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Consumer Reviews

Used GL-Class for Sale
Select your model:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

Mercedes Failure

German cars, 05/11/2009

Well, I wrote a review and was very pleased after 3 weeks. After a year, I had to get rid of, because I could not stand the tire/suspension problems. Car pulls badly to the right. Dealer says, "Oh, that's just the crown in the road causing that." No way! Wore out tires at 16000 miles and needs an alignment every 3 months. Car gets aligned, and runs true for a few months before starting to pull again. Sorry I ever doubted BMW. Do yourself a favor. Check out the driving characteristics first. If you go on the Mecedes forums, you will see many have the same disappointment.

Fun Car

jay, 11/18/2006

Really nice car for the price. It needs more technology to be used, and they should be standard features, not an options.

This car is terrible

Disappointed, 06/26/2010

Having spent 5 trips to the dealership to fix a litany of oil leaks that originated after the cam sensors caused a total stoppage of the car I can confidently say this car is terrible. Back gate does not work now. Mercedes took 2 months to investigate my persistent oil leak only to send me a letter saying "good thing you have a warranty." Switched from BMW good thing I have some warranty left so I can swallow the loss and chalk it up as a costly experiment. I won't be fooled by MB's glamorous advertising again. Think twice before getting this car. Interestingly it is rumored the new dodge durango will be a GL in disguise.

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class-320 CDI 4Dr

Sam, 09/12/2008

Own this 13 months, bought brand new. Just completed 50k miles, had no problems. Excellent drive. With this size of SUV mileage is very good 24- 25MPG, perfect for the highway. Owned several SUVs but I think this is the best and think it will last forever. MB has really improved there product. We are very happy.

Still love this car after first 20k

tjl, 08/27/2008

Owned this 07 GL320 CDI for 15 months. Overall fuel efficiency has been 22.7 mpg through 20500 miles. On the highway, we've gotten up to 28 mpg, and always 20+ around town. Very comfortable on long trips or short commutes. Handled heavy winter snowfall in Spokane and North Idaho with ease. Couple of items to be aware of when purchasing. Uses synthetic Mobil 1, so oil changes are every 10- 12k. Oil light comes on occassionally. Dealer states it's a computer glitch that hasn't yet been corrected. OE tires (we have Continental 4x4 Contact 18") are worn out and need to be replaced.

12345...16