Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Consumer Reviews

Used GL-Class for Sale
Select your model:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

What you need to Know

Mercedes- Benz Dude, 01/03/2007

The car has a smooth and quiet ride. It has a solid feel to it. My family loves it. I haven't had any problems with it so far. Love this car.

Change that suspension

japhet, 09/21/2009

My GL has been into the dealer's not less that four times in under 30,000km, mainly for suspension problems. In this distance I already have had both front and rear shocks changed and whatever else could be changed down there to reduce vibrations, road noise & wheel-bouncing. Rear windscreen wiper blade fell off just a few weeks into car's first rainy season & I ended up with a scratched rear screen. Vibrations have not stopped & make the car unpleasant to drive. Windows shake (ever so slightly, but you hear the click-click all the time you go over a bump). I have since learned that MB has used the same suspension components which are fitted on the ML! (GL is wider though). Anyone out there?

Awesome

heatkar, 05/09/2006

This truck is awesome! I drove every SUV under the sun and this one blows them all away. Not too big, not too small. Just right. Love the pick up. Pure luxury. Hope there won't be any problems to work out being it's a new model and all.

Dissapointment

user, 04/12/2010

The car is a luxury vehicle (65K+) and driving it is really a pleasure. I got two kids and did not want to have a van, but a nice car that would have a lot of space inside. the vehicle is very functional, has 3rd row seats, etc.etc. I would not review it unless I had quality issues with it. The 7 speed transmission failed after 32 000 miles. The suspension failed after 38 000 miles. Warranty expires at 50 000 miles. After the two main 'components' of the car failed I cant imagine what breaks next - the engine? And everything happened below 40K miles. Expect to put big $ after you are out of warranty and those issues keep on occurring.

Big Let down

lcole, 10/01/2010

I have owned my GL for three months and have really been let down by the events over the past 4 days. So far, I have a broken strut, failed air suspension system, and peeling clear coat. Total cost of repairs: $1200. Is my dealership as happy to see me now as they were when I purchased? Of course not. My dream car has turned into a total nightmare for me. I loved it because it is one of the few SUVs with a comfortable third row, but now, I see that I can live without a third row and a Mercedes.

12345...16