2020 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $3,690
Select your model:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

Excellent fit and finish

John C, 06/23/2020
Signature 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Excellent fit and finish, traction (AWD) and acceleration (turbo model). The heads up display is very good but depending on how you sit it may not see all the info. Adaptive cruise is slow to react (no where near as good as Fords) Emergency braking is slow to react then over reacts Very good steering and cornering. Napa leather seating very nice. Rubber floor mat on drivers side looks worn out when brand new. Lack of cargo net on top of the line model disappointing Excellent sound system (Bose speakers) Infotainment screen only displays one function at a time, for example if it is on GPS you don't know what radio station you are on and visa-a-versa Lane keep assist very passive

Heads up display

Nick H, 06/23/2020
Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Spend the extra scratch for the heads up display. The whole vehicle is incredibly intuitive but the HUD puts information in your line of sight. I’ve never felt safer on the road.

Why didn’t I buy a Mazda sooner?

Vicki McKiel, 02/22/2020
Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

If you want a small SUV that handles excellent and is a blast to drive go test drive a CX-5. I did and went back to buy it the next day. Thank you Mazda and Edmunds for the research and reviews.

Ad
Build Your CX-5
At a Glance:
  • 6 Colors
  • 7 Trims
  • $25,370starting MSRP

So Far, So Good

Bigboy42, 07/10/2020
Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Our 2017 Jeep Cherokee 75th Anniversary was beginning to have some issues (not uncommon from what I have read), so we decided to trade. We typically do quite a bit of research when we look for a new car. After reading reviews and watching countless videos, it came down to the Mazda CX-5 and the Hyundai Tucson. We have owned a Tucson, and we loved it. We are also fond of Hyundai's reliability and warranty. The styling and positive reviews of the CX-5 made it very attractive. Ultimately, the fact that the dealership we used offers a lifetime power train warranty was the difference. We have only had the CX-5 for a couple of days, but so far we love it. The 2.4L engine in the Jeep was vastly underpowered, and we travel up and down a steep road pretty often. The Mazda has plenty of power.The CX-5 Touring also has a very nice interior. The leatherette and suede are soft. The seats are very comfortable. All the materials used in the interior have a very high-end feel. We have the preferred package with the power lift gate, the moonroof, and the Bose sound system (Amazing!). Compared to the Cherokee, which was comfortable, and well-optioned, the Mazda's interior has a luxury car feel. My wife even directly compares it to her mom's Lincoln MKC. She thinks it is just as nice, and the seats are better. The Mazda's options come at a great price point. The only other option we wish it had is memory seats. There is a big difference in our heights! So far, we are loving our new Mazda! I'll update in a couple thousand miles.

Great Small SUV Mazda CX5 Grand Touring Trim

Paul M, 07/19/2020
Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just reached the 10,000 mile plateau on my Mazda CX-5 and I still love it. Nice and tight feel when driving it around turns. Comfortable leather seats and quality trim inside. ACC is fantastic! Best of all is I drive mostly in-town and get over 27 mpg. There are some areas Maxda needs to improve upon: The BOSE needs a lot more BASS, it's very weak. Overall, the electronics are not JEEP Cherokee caliber and the rear camera is weak. The variable rain adjusting wipers are a joke, but this may be true on most cars and the infotainment screen needs to be larger, Mechanically this car is top notch and the ACC makes it a true Highway Star!

12345...16