2018 Mazda CX-3 Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Mazda CX-3 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-3 model:

Smaller is better for me
By Sue Harrison

2018 Mazda CX-3 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the CX3 as my city car & it has been great for that. I enjoy the ease of parking, sharp turning & lots of “zoom zoom”. I am no longer driving cross country, hauling a bunch of kids, or need more hauling space than a weeks groceries. But I do like sitting up a little higher and. having all wheel drive (we do live in NE Ohio)...so the CX-3 was my choice and I am really enjoying it.

Esthetically pleasing.
By Rochester17

2018 Mazda CX-3 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

4 wheel drive is safer on snow day.

Just say no!
By No, no and NO!!!!!

2018 Mazda CX-3 Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Just say no to the CX3! First a off the gas mileage is horrendous. Only getting between 14-24 gas mileage. Only averaging 240 a tank.. a no go for a road trip. There is no driver storage for change, maps or umbrellas . The acceleration is minimal! Make sure you have plenty of time and space before making a move. I am so disappointed with this car. One of the worst mistakes in my car buying experience

Just say to to CX3!!!
By Maggie

2018 Mazda CX-3 Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I’ve only had this car for six months and I dread driving the CX3 until it’s paid off. The gas mileage is pitiful. Averaging only 240-260 mpg on a full tank of gas. I’m planning a road trip soon and anticipating many, many more fuel stops. Now on to the acceleration. It is slow and sluggish. Make sure you have plenty of room and time if you want to pass anyone on the road. The CX3 has no cubbies for change, umbrellas or other miscellaneous items you keep in your car. My best advice, say NO!!

A Peppy Small Car with Some Quirks
By Jean Berko Gleason

2018 Mazda CX-3 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The 2018 CX-3 (Grand Touring AWD) has comfortable, heated front seats and a heated steering wheel, and is reasonably zippy, given its small engine. Its safety features are also excellent, in particular its radar controlled cruise control. It will maintain a constant distance between you and the car in front of you. Fuel economy is good and the gauges will tell you what your average and current fuel consumption are. On the down side, Mazda needs to hire some human factors engineers who will consider how actual drivers will deal with the impractical features dreamed up by the style guys. First among them is the maddening rear hatch. First, it has no inside release; worse yet, the only way to get it open is to feel around under the edge of the door for a flat little panel (one of two) that must be depressed. Press the wrong one and you simply lock up the whole car. To find the right one you need to take off your gloves and feel around for it. Forget having the kid at the market load your groceries for you. The car also does not have Android Auto, or Apple Auto, so you are stuck with a clunky navigation system that won't respond to voice commands while you are driving. I just use my Bluetooth phone and Google maps, but, of course they don't show on the Infotainment screen. I'm an extremely small person (about 5 feet tall) and I find the visibility quite poor: the rear window is too small; the outside mirrors are huge and block my view; the door and window pillars are thick; the side windows begin too high on the doors and are too small. Sitting in the driver's seat, the hood is invisible to me--it's like driving a bus, but you have to remember that your bus has an invisible expanse of hood in front of it. My final negative is that the fuel tank is tiny, giving the car a comparatively small driving range, even though gas mileage is good. It's a good looking little car, and has some great features, but since I find it hard to see out of it and have to fumble with the rear hatch a couple of times a day, I have mixed feelings.