Used 2011 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

160k and still going
By Bob Issensee

2011 Mazda 3 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have have no problems with this car. I has not let me down at any time. needed only to change oil, replace tires (on 4th set), brakes (third set) and wheel bearings. Original clutch, however I think this will be next. I give this car 5 stars + for reliability!

Ms. Jazz
By Mychael

2011 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

i have purchase my 2011 Mazda 3 back new and it be nothing but a amazing car since day 1!! now it has 145k miles on it and it runs just as great as the day i brought her home!! If you want a very very reliable car and give you performance and luxury at the same time- CHECK OUT THE MAZDA 3- ANY YEAR IS A GREAT CAR!!

Mazda Owner after 7 years!
By Alex

2011 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Think again! I really loved my Mazda in the beginning. I bought her with 5,000 miles on it and I've put oer 80,000 miles on the car. The mechanics were right when they said it's a 100,000 mile car. After around then everything breaks, resale value is absolute garbage, fuel economy is terrible, and there's always something wrong with it. Paying $26,000 for a car you would expect it to last for 150,000-200,000 miles. My Mazda will be lucky to make it to 120,000. I even baby the thing, always change fluids on time and all that jazz. Overall I give the company a 4/10. The car is okay but be aware, they aren't built like other cars. Cheap and guaranteed to break down after 60,000 miles.

Base model Mazda 3 lacks cruise control!
By Cathy Jenkins

2011 Mazda 3 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I expected better fuel economy. It has mostly been around 20-25 mpg, but the last tank of gas only got 13.36 mpg. It looks nice and (in black) gets compliments. My biggest shock and disappointment is that it doesn't have cruise control. After years of having cars with cruise, including a 1998 Pontiac, I'm having trouble adjusting to having to constantly keep an eye on the speedometer on trips of 40 minutes or more. I got my first speeding ticket on the one-month anniversary of getting this car. Having driven my dad's 2004 Mazda 3, I really expected to love the 2011 model I just bought (only 19,084 miles on it). I'm sad to say that I don't love it.

A few faults but at 85K miles she runs great
By PAUL ZIMMERMAN

2011 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Driver's side window vibrates with bass music on my vehicle so if you are looking to buy one you might want to crank up the bass with the window up before you buy it.