Used 2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used 3 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

A car I can appreciate every time

crazyjerry, 05/31/2006

After owning the car for a year, the only car I wish to have instead is the newer 2006 Mazda 3 which added a trip computer. By all mean, this is a car I would otherwise pay additional $5k for, of course with a few more bells and whistles. But the basic feeling and driving is all there to it. This car is not just one step ahead but way better than any other new compact car in this price range. I stick with the basic features for the best value. Skip the ABS...this car stops well in the rain. Choose manual tranny and you won't be disappointed with the performance and gas mileage.

no regrets

John, 06/14/2006

This is a great small sedan for the price. The mix of features, price, build quality and driving mannerisms far outpace anything else that's available in this class of automobile.

Best Bang For Your Buck

cah, 08/10/2006

I had a 2000 Protege. I thought I loved that car until the first time I sat in my new 3. The handling is that of a European sports car. I have received many compliments. Fit and finish is excellent. I have never been happier with a vehicle purchase.

Zoomin' Fun

ANPope, 09/25/2006

My last car was an Audi A4. When it was time for a new car I went with the Mazda3. It's fun to drive and responsive, with decent handling for this price range. The only handling problem is the tendency to spin the front tires when making a 90 degree turn from a stop onto wet roads. It affords good visibility and I never have a problem merging quickly into traffic. I get 30 to 31 MPG on the highway even with the larger engine and automatic transmission, although you can knock 2 MPG off that when running the AC.

Tight Handler

zanellaii, 10/05/2006

I purchased this vehicle as an alternative to driving my 4x4 pick-up back and forth to work. I drove all the competition, none of which had the quality, price, power or handling of the Mazda 3s. I am most impressed with the handling of this car. It's a safety feature as much as a plus for having fun. The fit and finish is on par with some of the best cars on the market. The solidity of the body is the best in its class, period. I have never been in a small car that didn't feel like a small car until now. Everyone who rides in the vehicle, or drives it, comments on how quiet and solid it feels. The interior is also best in class. Only complaint, no electric trunk release on keyfob.