Used 2017 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews

2017 Lincoln MKZ
12345...13

Pros
Cons

Great ride

Lincoln convert, 09/09/2016
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My Lincoln dealer got his first 2017 with the driver's package option. Not cheap at $3300 but oh so worth it. With the 400hp engine and AWD this thing is an Audi/BMW clone for tens of thousands less. Spent over an hour test driving it. Came back to the dealership and ordered my own. Left out the luxury package ($4400) and some other stuff. MSRP came in at just under $50K. Not an Audi or a BMW but certainly close enough especially when factoring in the MSRP differential. Service costs will be dramatically less than with the Germans cars (I had 4 Audis over the course of 30 years). For 2017 Lincoln is offering to pick up your car at your home or place of business for service and return it to you. A nice touch. Nothing I will take advantage of as my local dealer is less than 4 miles from my house. My local Audi dealer was 30 miles away. The car is fast, quiet, comfortable, well put together, no wind noise, etc. Seems to be a great alternative to its German and Japanese counterparts.

Good value from a traditional American car company

Jonathan Quick, 10/29/2016
Hybrid Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

UPDATE 12-27-17 Updating my review on this vehicle based on 14 months of ownership. Overall, I remain satisfied with my Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. In spite of some minor fit and finish issues, the styling of this sedan really stands out against a tired landscape of look-alike sedans from other car manufacturers. Fuel economy remains rock solid between 40 and 41 mpg in mixed city/highway driving. ADAS features for accident avoidance, parking, and maintaining driver awareness have been great. Quiet comfort sticks out as a real differentiator compared to other vehicles in the entry level luxury sedan segment. The biggest issue with maintaining the vehicle has been the synchronization of firmware updates across the numerous vehicle subsystems within the car. Sync 3 had a lot of bugs at first, but three firmware updates later, all of the infotainment and navigation features appear to be working normally. Unfortunately, I had to make repeat visits to the dealership to stabilize other subsystems. The worst problem I have encountered was a drained battery that stranded my car in my own garage. Lincoln corrected the battery drain issue with a firmware update to the door control module. Although I have experienced a few warranty issues, my local Lincoln dealer and the Lincoln concierge service have done a great job of addressing my concerns. I would still recommend the MKZ Hybrid as a solid value compared to other vehicles in its class. However, prospective buyers should strongly consider purchasing Lincoln's extended warranty for this vehicle. ORIGINAL REVIEW I purchased a 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve w/ Technology package in September 2016. Purchase price was $8k - $20k below comparable European and Japanese alternatives. I have thus far driven the car about 2200 miles, about 80% highway driving and 20% city driving. Average MPG is around 40 - 42 mpg. Acceleration is adequate in most situations. The smoothness of the powertrain, well-tuned suspension, and the quiet cabin at highway cruising speeds really attracted me to this vehicle. Exterior appearance is impressive and fairly unique, but some of the exterior trim pieces are made of low quality plastic. Quality of interior materials is very good - particularly the wood trim and leather upholstery. ADAS features including adaptive cruise, accident avoidance, blindspot monitoring, backup-assist and lane-keep assist are very useful in day-to-day driving. Lincoln's driver assistance features are unobtrusive until really needed. The on-board infotainment system is light years ahead of Toyota and BMW in terms of usability, but the Sync 3 system has bugs around IPod indexing, accuracy of on-board clock, Android Auto compatibility, and stability of mobile apps. One bright spot in Sync 3 is Lincoln's NAV system coupled with Sirius traffic information, which is a real godsend for avoiding heavy traffic at rush hour. Unfortunately, the stability issues I've encountered in Sync 3 appear to extend to other vehicle subsystems. I presently suspect electrical gremlins are lurking in the interior lighting system and the sound system, although all installed equipment is performing normally for the moment. As long as reliability holds up, backed in part by Lincoln's long base warranty, I expect I will remain satisfied with this vehicle. I would recommend this vehicle to a friend or a family member, with reservations noted above regarding reliability.

400 HP AWD 2017 MKZ

Mr Frank, 08/30/2016
Premiere 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great little muscle car . Throaty sound and impressive acceleration . Gas mileage not that bad for 400 horses . Surprisingly comfortable driving position and a pretty nice ride . Maybe could be a little softer . Electronics work well and are intuitive . Easy car to learn to use . Fun to drive . Lots of nice features , including lights up on approach with the key in your pocket .

A quiet comfortable and smooth ride

Daniel Justin, 11/19/2016
Hybrid Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just traded in my Toyota Avalon Hybrid for this 2017 Lincoln MKZ hybrid and I am glad I did. American cars have really improved. This is one comfortable-quiet-smooth ride. You get so much more for your money. I am averaging 40 MPG although I am a conservative driver. The only downside to this car is that the acceleration is a bit on the slow side, although that is not a problem for me personally. Its like driving with the eco on all the time. And the other downside is the very small trunk area and no spare tire. But everything else is fantastic. From the very first look and test drive I knew this was the car for me. The dealership really took care of me and they made the experience simple and easy. It takes some time to learn all of the in's and out's that the vehicle can do, but that is understandable considering the complexity of the system. I am a car nut and I am really digging this ride. If only the traffic out there wasn't so insane.

Never thought I would buy a Lincoln

Paul, 07/14/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great value in the MKZ. It's a perfect size sedan that's very comfortable. Others in his price range are noticeably smalller. The 2.0 turbo 4 has plenty of power for normal driving. Unlike other turbo 4's that I've driven this engine has power from a dead stop. Very little turbo lag. Although the 400 HP V6 was tempting, I decided to stick with the 4 because I was concerned about how bad the mileage would be in N.Y. stop and go traffic. I was also on the fence about the AWD but I have to admit it's nice to have zero wheel spin when pulling away from a dead stop in the rain. If your more interested in 0-60 times or how many G's the car pulls on a skid pad then this car probably isn't for you. As a former muscle car guy acceleration was once very important to me. 30 years later however it's now all about comfort for me. If you read the reviews the MKZ gets a lot of criticism because it shares the platform with the Ford Fusion (Which also happens to be a great car). My view on this is who cares. I never see the same criticism about Honda parts in Acura's or VW parts in Audi's. No regrets at all. Very happy with our choice. Fantastic looking car that stands out from the crowd. Worth taking a look at even if you never thought about a Lincoln. Here's my update. It's been a little over a year and we still love our MKZ. We've only been back to the dealer one time for the first oil change. No issues at all. This car really doesn't get a fair shake from the reviewers. Great value for the money. Every other car in this price range is substantially smaller. I don't however think a loaded or black label edition of this car is worth the money. We got every option that we wanted and still kept it well under 40K. A black label edition can run close to 60K. Otherwise I would strongly recommend taking a look at the MKZ. Here's another update. Weve owned the car over a year and a half and have about 12k on the odometer. Still don't understand why this car gets terrible reviews. No problems at all. Great value for the money. No regrets at all. Well here’s another update. Nothing has changed. With over 16,000 miles now on the odometer no trouble at all and still love the car.

12345...13