Used 2000 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews

Used LS for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...28

Pros
Cons

Great Road Car

jimbo, 07/05/2010

Wife's car: Great road car 27-28mpg. have had to rebuild differential $1000 in 09, This year new rack and pinion & ball joints $1000, 07 two new coils and valve gaskets $900. We plan to keep this car although future repairs may change out decision. Car is a joy to drive we do many road trips. Ford recommends prem. we use regular no problems re reg at all over the years

10 year ownership

jimboh55, 09/11/2010

Purchased new in 2000. No problems for first 7 years. Now am concerned. In last few years had to replace some coils, valve cover gaskets($1000), rebuild differental ($1000),replace front ball joints ($459),replace rack and pinon ($650),replace alternator ($450),fix airbag system (light stayed on -$400).replace driver window system ($400) Hope no more problems Car is a great road car and is wifes daily driver. We have used for multiple road trips (130000 miles) over the years.Outside of current repair concerns we love the car. Only other complaint is poor interior storage. We get 27 - 28 mpg on road trips.

Reliability?

jimboh, 09/16/2010

Should I keep? Car was great for first 8 years (purchased new in 2000) no maintenance issues. In the last couple of years had differential rebuilt at 100k ($1000), new rack and pinon ($650) new front ball joints ($450) broke while driving car and car slammed down onto street-luckily was going slowly and no damage to car or driver. Replaced a couple of coils and valve cover gaskets ($850). On current trip (am in pa.- alternator went bad ($390.) luckily was a few miles from a Lincoln dealership in okla. City car now has 130,000 miles and has been fine since those few repairs so hope for the best. Am very careful about maintenance do transmission, radiator every 50,000 and (now) will now do differential also

Not so great

Pamela Daniel, 11/03/2010

I bought the LS with 48,000 miles on it in 2006. Beautiful car. Within a year, I had to replace both rear window motors. The next year, I had to replace both front window motors. One of which went out during a move to another state during a snow storm. Then I had to replace one of the rear window motors again. Have had to replace the coil packs. The CEL light came on within 2 weeks of purchase and will not stay off after repeated "fixes". On top of what I originally paid for the car, I've spent approximately $5,000 on repairs not associated with normal maintenance. Still, I love the way the car drives. Now the seat motors are dying. Guess its time to say goodbye.

Love the LS

Clayborn1, 01/24/2004

I have never thought I would drive a Lincoln, but when they rolled out the LS, I had to have one and I am glad I gave them the chance. I had a BMW, was a great car, but this LS has more room and appeal to me.

12345...28