Used 2000 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews

Used LS for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...28

Pros
Cons

Don't waste your money!!!!

cgoodwin, 06/21/2006

A headache is all you will get from this car! So far, the transmission, 3 window motors, air conditioning valves, 2 thermostats, water container, and center control console have all been replaced. The chrome around the door handles are peeling off, control buttons are falling off....the car is the most expensive piece of crap I've ever owned. I had a rental car for the entire 03 summer because they couldn't fix the problem. Ford has terrible customer service!! They do not stand behind there product at all. When the thermostat was replaced 2 months in a row, Ford quickly claimed, "Ford does not warranty the parts. It is preventative maintenance."

Lovin my affordable Jag

hhinnh, 09/03/2011

Little known to the average consumer but the lincoln LS is on a jag base with a jaguar engine. That may explain some of the touchy behaviors and high repair track records. Just got my 2000 LS because it has bad valve gaskets/cooling system issues . Its fixed and now on the road. My husband is a mechanic so we were able to do it oursleves cheap. Its a tight squeeze in the engine compartment and requires a lot of special tools and lots of labor /time to do simple repairs (hence the costs) This has been a great car so far, though I am leery as I know the history with Jaguars reliability. So don't nock ford or Lincolns for this one, its the choice in engines and drivetrains thats the problem

Near Perfect

OSCN, 06/23/2009

A pleasure to drive, quick when needed and handles like a sports car. Comfortabe on long trips, reasonable mileage (25 mpg hwy) for engine (V8) and performance. Only "problem," I have had to replace plug/coil assemblies. I question some of the negative comments above/below and cannot help but wonder if regular maintenance and reasonable care had been taken. My opinion, best car from Detroit in years!

10 year track record with LS

Old Guy, 11/13/2009

I am about to sell my LS. It has 246,564 m. Not all perfect, but, it is the best car I owned. 3 transm. The first after 19 miles The second after 79,000. If considering an LS with an original transm and it changes hard, run away. They made a design change because the third transmission is smooth and winds out really nicely. I always used synthetic oil, had typical failures. Believe it or not it has the original spark plugs and muffler. Changed tires to Michlins. First set had 120,000. Current 101,000 m. It is good buy for a sedan with a V8. V8s cost an extra 10 grand today. I have put off buying new because I could not find something I liked as well. May buy MKS w/V6. I love V8s.

WHAT A GREAT LINCOLN

COBRAJ, 02/26/2010

I was looking for a mid-full size luxury car. Compared to BMW, Mercedes and Cadillac this was by far the best selection. Ten years later I'm still overjoyed on my LS Sport. My friends who bought the Bimmer and MBs have already traded their cars in due to repair costs. Over the course of 10 years I've only had $1200 in costs not associated with the normal wear and tear. Terrific handling, comfort and creature comforts make the LS a great buy. In fact I'm looking for a 2006 Ultimate edition now! Great job FLM!

12345...28