Used 2000 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews

Used LS for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...28

Pros
Cons

An American Success

reporter7, 02/11/2002

Although I've always been partial to european sports sedans, aside from a lack of "snob appeal" the LS V8 offers as much fun and more value than most of the offerings from across the pond. The drive train is faultless -- excellent power, silky smooth, and trouble-free. The ride/handling trade-off is well judged, and the balance possible with rear-wheel drive will be a revelation to those who have become accustomed to front-drivers.

great road car

jimboh55, 05/17/2009

Purchased new. Wifes Car now has 102000 miles and is 9years old. Car has been a joy to drive and reliable. Have only four fixes not under warrany two window hardware fixes - head gaskets leaked oil and a differential rebuild which was my fault as I missed a fluid replacement maintenance required at 50000 -the differential started whining at about 98000 miles and found it to be full of metal filings. Have had an electrical fix and leaky exhaust gaskets (both under warranty). The only driveability problem I have noticed is that if I am going very slow in second gear and really punch it, it will go into first and stay there up to 5000 rpm. Not a major problem for us.

Best value for a used luxury car & FAST

Chris, 08/27/2005

I do quite a bit of driving, and sometimes, unfortunately, some quick driving on 2 lane roads when I'm running late to the courthouse (I'm a lawyer.) This car is prestigious, inexpensive and an absolute blast to drive. I was just rear ended the other day and I'm hopeful that my car isn't totalled--I really enjoy it. I suppose if it is, I'll look for another V8 LS.

A "10" in the curves

Tino, 02/17/2006

Car owned: 2000 LS V8 w/Sport Suspension package. This is one of the BEST HANDLING sport sedans on the market; end of story. I am a driving enthusiast and will say that I push this car hard in the corners every chance I get. The LS responds by carving like a pair of giant slalom skis on packed snow. Torque is a bit low as this affects off- the-line acceleration. The car has muscular, yet sexy body lines. It is a dream to drive an own. Unfortunately, the wife steals it out of the garage before I can get my hands on the keys... Such is life.

2000 Lincoln LS

Jack, 11/29/2006

Ride is great! Some items that have failed are not things I would have expected from a Lincoln. Headlamps, trunk leak, 3 window regulators so far, moonroof control button and seat back are main items that have failed. Brakes and tires wear quickly. Sorry to see it end its production. Hope new MKS will be just as exciting a ride. Lincoln needs a good Hot Rod.

12345...28