Used 2002 Lexus LX 470 Consumer Reviews

$4,000

Used LX 470 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

This review for 2001 -- Still has bugs

RL3, 12/10/2002

I had a 1998 LX470 with several problems. It always pulled to one side or the other (steering wheel never centered correctly) on highway; emergency brake cable rattled near/at right rear wheel; tilt/telescope motors went out several times. Lexus never could fix either problem; took back under lemon law. I bought a 2001 just like it hoping they would have fixed problems. New 2001 pulls to left at highway speeds; same emergency brake cable rattle at right rear wheel; tilt/telescope motors already replaced once; transfer case replaced (vibration); Several rattles interior. Very disappointing to have basically same problems on same vehicle 3 model years later.

More than I needed - but dependable

Justin, 03/14/2009

Bought the car 4 years ago because we thought we would be going into the woods and hauling. Well we never did either, although we live in Chicago so it's nice in the snow. Everything about the car is great, the ride, interior, dependability, lost cost of ownership, except for gas. So my biggest complaint is MPG. I get 13-15 in suburban driving and 15-16 on the highway. For this size car there other options that get 20+ MPG such as the Honda passport. No serious mechanical issues, in fact no minor mechanical issues except a leaky CV boot, which is good since I bought it used. Height/level adjustment is nice but unnecessary unless you are towing. I recommend for people towing/traveling.

Not quite worth the money.

Joshua, 06/26/2002

Its far to large. No reason for it to be made. Horrible fuel mielage. Not great looking. High price for not such a great vehicle. Horrible engine.... Much to slow, no power at all.

Awesome

adow, 04/04/2002

There is nothing better than to take my LX470 out on those long road trips with my family. It is comfortable, large, and isn't as homely as a minivan. It feels muscular and powerful. My only complaint is that it should get more power.

Best vehicle on planet

ubet, 10/02/2008

This truck is comfortable, smart, and capable. No other car in the world has this quality. No other car in the world has this capability combined with such luxury. I feel on top of the world behind the wheel, and can only think of getting another one for my wife.