2017 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Evoque model:

Love My Evoque!
By KarenKey

2017 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque HSE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

It’s my first Range and I’m so happy with it. My only real issue is that after an hour the seats cause some real sciatica issues. My previous cars never did that but there is not much padding or cushion in the Evoque seats. Also, dealership sales person was the worst, minimal knowledge about the vehicle.

Really Love My RR!!!
By Emily

2017 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque SE Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I read another review the really throws this RR under the bus. To be honest, there are a few quirks that need to be ironed out, but in general I LOVE my SUV. It feels so solid and stable when you drive it, I do not worry about safety at all. I live in a cold climate and heated seats are a must, but having a heated steering wheel and heated windshield - OMG! Love. Can't live without. It's true the app for the remote starts is pretty much junk, if they could work on that or offer an alternate remote start - it would go a long way. Do my tires lose air, yep. But that is very common in cold climates with this type of wheel. Just pop into the dealer - they will fix it. If the brakes get a little salt in them, they are quite squeaky and howly - again very common for colder climates albeit in super annoying. In the last few sentences, I've told you all my complaints. That's it. (Except that it does not have a garage door opener in the mirror and also does not pop up text messages on the monitor - 3rd world problems.) This SUV is the perfect height off the ground. Not too low, not too high. Friends with arthritis cannot say enough about the ease of access. Winter driving? Does anyone compare? It was awesome. Easy. Safe. I would not have a problem lettting my kids drive the RR in a snow storm! The 11 speaker Meridian sound system is amazing. The back row seat are FULL SIZE! Not a little kiddy bench. Full size means a little bit less leg room, but just pull the front seat up. My 2 boys, both over 6 feet tall, sit tandem all the time w/o complaints. Plus the back seats are heated! Cargo is limited, but still more space than a car. You feel like you are driving a car and not a school bus. I really appreciate that because 90% of the time it is just me in the car. I really can't say enough about my RR. It was my first RR and I have been pleasant surprised. I guess I thought it was a glorified name, but I was wrong!

Shame on Land Rover
By Rick

2017 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque SE Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

10 months owned, only 4500 miles, wife does not feel safe transporting grand children to nursery school, truly hates This vehicle.
The ‘remote start’ feature is not on the key, ‘remote start’ Only works by iPhone app, has only a 25 percent reliability, and when it does start it does not turn on the climate control; so the vehicle is hot on warm days but more uncomfortably, it is very cold on cold days. A premium ‘cloth’ seat package would be helpful.
The seat belts are difficult to reach between the seat and the door; also they are very difficult to get down to the latch/receptacle between the center console and the seat.
There is a bright metal strip along the dashboard that reflects sun into the eyes of the front passenger.
The tires need to be refilled every 60 days, the wheels are easily damaged due to a poor choice of tires, those wheels will collect snow/ice and will cause a very unsafe ‘bounce’ at 25 mph as they rotate out of balance.
Shopping packages and contents will fall out of the vehicle as the lift gate opens.
Front brakes are making a medium-pitched ‘howl’ sound, or is it from the back brakes?
The value of this 2017 Land Rover Evoque has dropped $14,000 after only 4480 miles on the odometer.
Have been asking Land Rover for help pleasantly, do not want to be put on a “forum” to evaluate future Land Rover vehicles, would like to receive a proper response from Land Rover … WTF !! Where is the customer service?
“Happy Wife Happy Life” is not working here.

Update:
Two visits back to salesperson, three service department visits ( loaner car given), at least 40 Emails and verbal communications with Land Rover Corporate about the continued problems ... Then, the wonderful and persistent “customer care representative” from Land Rover corporate” made good.
A total of 15 months passed … received a call from the Land Rover dealership General Manager, had a brief discussion to confirm the dissatisfaction and unresolved problems with the 2017 Evoque vehicle, two weeks later a refund check was issued less a prorated use cost (which was reasonable). The vehicle was turned back to that Dealer and the check was received.
The “experience” has come to an end. .