Used 2009 Kia Spectra Consumer Reviews

Used Spectra for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Can't Stand This Car

soldiermusic, 05/02/2011

I have owned several cars in my driving years and I can look back fondly on various aspects of pretty much all of them. This car is an unfortunate exception. I absolutley loathe this car. It is very easy to oversteer and difficult to get back on track if you need to make a sudden swerve. The mileage is substandard. It gets about 26mpg highway. (My Sedona mini-van gets 22-23.) Please note I am not a leadfoot driver and I don't make hard accelerations. I'm pretty easy on my cars. Also, the driver's seat is worse that sitting on a wagon bench. At least a covered wagon doesn't have two bars right in line with my anatomy. And no, I'm not a very large or old person.

Spectra 2009 EX Sedan

Tony Salvatore, 04/27/2010

Car was bought used on lease return to dealer. Low mileage and "like new." Used primarily to commute to work and local/light out-of-town job travel. So far averages about 28 MPG. Vehicle handles well, very responsive, and perky. No problem merging into fast freway traffic or running 2-3 hours at turnpike speeds. Haven't tried it in snow but it is okay in torrential rains. Looked at same year Civics, Sentras, and Focuses (I like sub- compacts). Spectra offered best balance of price, features, and low mileage.

Great Car

Ken Ross, 06/19/2010

I bought my Kia Spectra Ex Sedan (4) days ago and I really like it. I haven't had it very long and I haven't taken it for a long drive yet. I feel that the car was a great buy.

First but not last Kia

NCjp, 03/15/2009

I have waited to write this for a few months because everyone loves their new car in the first couple of weeks. Four months later still finding that I love to drive this car. The styling of the Spectra 5 sticks out from others. Very affordable to operate and the features for the money are great. Never looked at a KIA before this purchase but will look there first for the next one.

Kia Spectra Rocks!

Mary, 06/05/2009

Our son crashed the family Ford Explorer. Used cars were high-priced. We decided to buy a Kia Spectra EX 4 door sedan for about $1500 more than it would have cost to get a 2005 used Explorer. Of course, we got a red one! I'm a car buff and this is one nice vehicle. Great gas mileage (averages over 28 mpg in mixed driving), peppy pick up, smooth ride, plenty of cupholders. The car came loaded with options - AC, automatic headlights, extra 12 volt chargers,and even an iPod port. Safety ratings on this car rival those of Toyota and Honda, and exceed those of the Ford Focus. All for about $14000, including delivery, tax and license fees. I love it!

12345...7