Used 2009 Kia Spectra Consumer Reviews

Used Spectra for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Satisfied overall

mholly99, 03/12/2009

I waited 5 months to write this review because I wanted time to adjust to the car. Overall, its a good value for the money. I also test drove the Corolla and Civic, but the low price and excellent warranty is the reason I chose the Spectra. Handling is responsive and the car meets my needs very well.

Get a fun car

Jill, 05/24/2009

Just bought my first Kia. Usually as a workhorse we go with Hyundai (same company now) Love the Spectra5. The dealer was easy to work with, and after 40 years of buying cars, I had a good experience. I would recommend the buying experience alone, but the car also.

Great Value KIA

nolarobert, 07/02/2009

This is a new purchase. I was able to get the "Copperhead" color, so the car looks sharp & it has fog lights and a rear spoiler. Before you laugh at the spoiler, I was cruising the I-10 at 105 mph & this engine was up to the task. At 85 mph & below the cabin noise was minimal. I took some local back roads and the suspension was solid and the car felt glued to the road even as I took the curves at a goodly amount of speed. The brakes bring the car to a quick stop with no spongy fade. I look forward to taking my new Spectra on a long road trip to visit family in TN. The 700 mile journey will allow me to wring this car out & see if it holds up for the 11 hour drive.

MY NEW "BABY"'S FIRST YEAR

THEGOLDENKIA, 07/22/2009

This was my first ever new off the show room floor car. in years past I averaged only 9,000 miles a year driving. I've put over 15,000 on my Kia in its first year. the Mileage is great1 i'm getting from 28 to 30MPG combined city and freeway. I commute 15 miles each way to work, mostly freeway. good power, great profile in the looks dept. interior is well thought out and the engine compartment is not all crowded and packed. you can see where everything is! I will drive this car when I'm on call for work on the weekends rather than one of our beat up company vehicles.

really impressed so far

savital, 08/06/2009

Haven't owned it long, but so far more impressive than expected. Plenty of pep and super-quiet for the mondo freeway driving I do. Amazing fuel economy. Forget the EPA rating, I get 34mpg in mixed driving with the AC on most of the time! Picked it up for less than $11,000, with AC, CD and auto included. Lots of room, both front and back seats. Yes, the exterior and interior are simple, plain vanilla. I like that; pragmatism rules. And I'll agree that this is less solidly made than a Toyota. But for $5,000 less, well worth it! The lack of ABS, though, is shameful. All cars should have ABS standard these days; law should require it. CU gives good reliability ratings.

12345...7