2017 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

Great little car.
By J. Jonas

2017 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Be sure to check Warranty package

I'm a Kia Soul convert!
By Kitkat7

2017 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2017 Kia Soul (+) about three weeks ago, so I'm still a new owner. It's my first one, and so far I love it. If it proves to be reliable over time, I will probably drive a Kia Soul forever. It is the perfect car for my needs: I'm single & only occasionally have passengers, so I don't need a huge car, but I'm also active and sometimes need to pack my car up with camping gear & strap my 16' kayak on top. The back seats are roomy for when I do have passengers (the car has plenty of head clearance for tall people). I live in the south so I don't need AWD. I love how easy the Soul is to maneuver (it turns on a dime) and to drive; it handles very well, to the point that I often feel comfortable enough to steer one-handed. It seems compact from the outside, but inside it feels very roomy. The backup camera is great, and I was pleasantly surprised at how wide the view is. The hatch is convenient, and with the seats down there's plenty of room for gear or a bicycle. I'm not an extravagant person, so I enjoy that this car has character and is cute, but is also utilitarian, without a ginormous touchscreen and over-the-top bells & whistles all over the dash. Another surprise: the driver seat is SUPER comfortable. I have lower back pain on longer car trips, but the seats are comfy and have great lumbar support. There are a few things I would improve: the MPG is lower than I'd like (~26 overall) and sometimes I feel as though I have to gun it a bit to get the car to accelerate appropriately. However, I knew both of these things were criticisms going in (mine is not turbo-charged) and I can live with both, easily. I will also probably upgrade the speakers eventually–I'm a music lover & audio snob, and the base-factory speakers are just adequate (but will probably suffice for plenty of people). Otherwise, I'm in love! *fingers crossed* that I have many happy years with my new Soul.

I'm a Soul Man; and YOU will be too!!
By Jim In Sterling

2017 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I work for a major car rental firm, have previously driven the Soul+ many occasions, and worked for car dealers for five years. I have drive HUNDREDS of cars, many weekly to and from the airport destinations. There is no car I more highly recommend to clients than the Kia Soul for overall VALUE for your dollar, comfortable seats, massive storage cabin, and versatile capability. Millions of owners agree, which is why Kia Soul has earned the public support to make Soul the #1 selling Kia vehicle. The 2018 Kia Soul ranked #1 in Compact Cars. It has earned respect and accolades every year and ever since it first hit the market. Consumer Reports states it is ne of the few to be known as the most reliable vehicle on the road today. It is affordable, fun to drive, and popular with all age groups. Insurance safety score is based on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety crash test ratings and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration safety ratings safety ratings have declared the Soul one of the safest vehicles on four wheels. The one single thing about the Soul that I like is that it brings pleasure to so many. I have often chatted with owners to find them delighted with their vehicle and willing to share their recommended joy.

My Hamster Mobile
By SHERIC

2017 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

This is a really great car for the price point. Remember that this is an entry level economy car. Keeping that criteria in mind and you will not find a better value considering the 10 year warranty. No other manufacturer is standing by that long to keep your car running tops. The one issue I have found is that the fuel mileage is not as good as it should be for a 1.6L 4cyl. Mine is the 6 speed automatic and I average 27-30 mpg with a mix of driving. If you drive really easy and with great care, you can get the average up to 30-33 mpg. That is a lot less than is shown on the sticker. I can still say that it is very nice car for running around town and will hold quite a bit of storage when the seats are folded down. No regrets on this little car so far. I have put about 22K miles on it.

This kia Soul makes my soul happy!
By Joseph Miller

2017 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

The trunk space isn't the best, but besides that its been a great car.