2018 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

I want my VW JettaTDI back :-(
By maysie

2018 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We shopped for months, did research, talked to KIA owners, test drove several models. We bought a 2018 Sorrento, 4L Turbo in May 2018 in Florida and enjoyed the comfortable trip back north for Summer. Oh but now the temperature (and snow) are falling so we quickly packed up to leave for the Sunshine State on Oct. 31. Lo and Behold.... KIA won't start. AAA couldn't start the car and didn't know what the problem is. KIA Roadside Service sent a flatbed which took the car to the dealership. I didn't have a good gut feeling.. and still don't. Today (Nov 2) we were given a 2018 Sorrento rental, paid for by ?? .. not us. Seems that Service cannot find the problem and must consult with KIA engineers. Don't know when, but we have a shiny new van to tool around in, so what's their hurry? Except... it's now 3 days and counting past our ETD... and the furnace is on, frost is on the grass, and our family is waiting for us, at the beach! I've had many VW's in my l-o-n-g driving career and I'd get another one in a heartbeat, if KIA will give me a refund.

sleeping power steering pump
By Robert USNR

2018 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I have noticed that while driving over 50 MPH on a hi way I'll be going straight and move the steering wheel a millimeter and it jumps left or right. this startles me and I almost jerk the wheel to hard to regain control. I read where someone posted that Kia has had this problem for years and won't fix it because it's not a life threatening problem. Ha Ha i almost jerked the wheel out of control. It's very annoying when you can't relax your hand on the steering wheel with out it jumping right to left. Ask drivers of Kia what they think, or better yet test drive one on the freeway at 65 mph

Too many little problems for a NEW car!
By Kristine Daniels

2018 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We’ve brought our Kia Sorento in so many times for so many different issues! We never bring our other muchbokder car into the shop.

If it didn't say Kia on the grille....
By HTD

2018 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

If it didn't say Kia on the grille, you would have it at the top of your list. My sister bought a 1972 Toyota Corolla as her first car (used) and EVERYONE doubted Japanese cars. She sold it with 211,000 miles, at a time when 100,000 was considered outstanding. I think the same is now true for Korean cars... they need to prove themselves. But take the badge off and overall the Sorento trails no one. Drove the 2018 Audi Q5 and there's nothing not to like but for $15,000 more than the Kia all it had was the really cool display and a faster 0-60. Drove the Lexus RX350. Again, really nice but $12,000 more than the Kia and no Apple CarPlay and only the base engine was same HP. Drove Acura RDX. Again really nice and only 2k more but way smaller in size. Drove the Honda Pilot but after driving the Acura, it was quickly dismissed. Toyota Highlander a bit larger than Kia but an extra $9,000 for same equipment, and again the Toyota/Lexus clunky infotainment system with no Google or Apple. Then we drove the 2019 Kia Sorento. For $40,000 we received AWD and all the safety and entertainment features currently available. The interior was equal or better than everyone except the Audi. Capacity better than anyone except Toyota and Honda but enough for us. With the 3.3L V6 and the 8 speed trans on the 2019, performance is at least equal to everyone except Audi. Safety, it's the only IIHS Top Safety Pick Plus in the group. Reliability is yet to be seen for 2019 but the warranty (60/60,000 and 120/100) is by far the best and, based on past reliability, it's better than all but Lexus and Toyota. So when you put together: value #1, performance #2/3, interior quality #2, infotainment #1 and safety #1: the Kia wins. You just have to get over the fact that it says Kia on the badge.

THERE IS A REASON......
By Scott Ray

2018 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

.........Why the Kia Sorento gets such high marks for quality. I have owned this for three weeks and I am truly impressed with the level of finish and the outstanding quality of the vehicle. It's incredibly smooth and so quiet for an SUV. The 6 cylinder engine is a must for a mid-size AWD SUV such as this. The acceleration is great. And let's not forget the ten year powertrain warranty. My dealer actually DOUBLED it too. 20 years and 200K miles! I know that there are other dealers that do the same. It says a lot (to me) when a manufacturer has that much faith in their product. Thanks KIA!!!!!!