Used 2014 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Alternator Issue
By Mike

2014 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Coming from Florida to Detroit on I-75 northbound April 1st, 2018 our 2014 Kia Sorrento battery light came on and then a few minutes later other indicator lights came on. A few minutes later, the motor stalled and we lost all power and pulled over safely. Called AAA and was towed to Dryridge, Kentucky, where a new battery was installed at a Walmart. That seemed to work for the time being. Travelled through Ohio with the battery light coming on and off. Got into Monroe Michigan and the car stalled again with the same indicator lights coming on. Made arrangements with a local auto repair shop (Paul's Automotive Service) to see what was wrong with car (informed them that a new battery was installed the previous day). An hour later we were informed that a alternator had to be installed. A price was quoted and accepted. For the time being, this seemed to correct the problem. Hopefully, this will not happen again. Will update if problem persists.

Almost as good as my Rondo
By Len Che

2014 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

The only thing I really don't like about this vehicle is the model of radio. Handles great. The 6 cyl. engine has more then enough power to spare. The rear back up camera is a gift from the heavens, I'm hooked.
UPDATE: 7/29/2018............ though I missed my Rondo after trading it in for the Sorento, the Sorento is really the better of the 2 vehicles.

Superb Sorento
By Wendell

2014 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

For its size this vehicle carries a lot of cargo. With a tow package installed it makes a great tow vehicle for its rated towing capacity. Ride is smooth and handling is excellent (2l4L engine).

Paint is falling off!
By troutbum1978

2014 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have been attempting to get Kia to fix the faulty paint on my Sorento for over 2 months. I have contacted the dealership where it was purchased and they told me sorry I was out of warranty period. This issue should be covered. It is clear that the paint is faulty and is just peeling off. The spot is right above the windshield on the passengers side. The paint is chipping down to the primer. It seems that the paint and primer are not bonded properly. I feel that they should be liable because there are tons of complaints on this issue online. I have spoken with customer service through the 800#. My case was handed to District Mgr. Steven Kang. He offered to fix the roof if I paid half the cost which their estimate was over $300 out of pocket for me. I feel this is shows they know the paint is bad or they would have just told me sorry. I have asked to speak to Mr. Kang on numerous phone calls and he refuses to talk with me. I feel that if he is a customer service manger it should be my right o speak with him concerning his decision. However he will not take my call. I have since been escalated to another group. I clearly told them do to work schedule I could not take a call till after 530pm and they contacted prior to this. I have returned the call and still haven't received a call back in about a week now. I am still seeking a solution to this issue. I feel that a vehicle that is just over 3yrs old should not have the paint falling off it. That is unacceptable.... I have spoken to several reps and have documentation of our conversations so when this goes to a higher attempt to get what I am do I will have names and employee extensions to quote. I hope this issue is resolved. I would never recommend a Kia vehicle to anyone due to this issue.

Needed a 3rd row but didn't want to go big
By Jim St.Pierre

2014 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Check all the lights before purchasing, backup camera will sometimes not show image. Switching from tuner to media and back seems to solve the issue. You can squeeze MPGS out of this SUV but have to start gently. Engine (V6) had plenty of power for passing and getting on highway. Best highway MPG 26, city MPG 22. If you are driving slow enough to be passed by the car behind you then you are doing it right.