Used 2012 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Everything breaks
By Megan

2012 Kia Sorento 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Literally anything that can break on this car will. Started off with a deformity in the factory windshield. Had to be replaced within 2 weeks of me getting it. The headrest broke off. Then a recall on the drive shaft. Then the tail lift broke and had to be replaced. Followed by another windshield (tiny crack from a rock that turned into almost half the drivers side view). Then while randomly driving down the road the engine decided to lock up and stops dead in its tracks. Turns out to be a defective engine and has an outstanding recall. Last but not least, BOTH rear door handles snapped completely off. Had to be opened from the inside. Literally anything that could break on that car did. I will NEVER purchase a Kia ever again and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

Just OK
By Jaimee Nofer

2012 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I like my Kia Sorento, I just don't love it. It handles great, has decent storage in the back, but it just seems cheaply made. The mileage has been a disappointment from the get-go. We feel like we were overcharged for this vehicle. My kids complain about the lack of comfort in the backseat. On a positive note, we haven't had any major repairs in 102,000 miles, but we were very religious in keeping all maintenance up to date. Looks sharp from the front and back, but boring from the side. If I had to do it over, I would not purchase this vehicle.

Great Used Auto
By Terry T.

2012 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Do your research. Korean cars are very good and match up well with other cars in their class.

Great ride
By Carl platts

2012 Kia Sorento 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Good ride, great mileage, been taken care of.

My girl
By vivian gorman

2012 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great car for the price a lot of modern technology, sporty and cute I feel very safe driving it. I would another 1 in a heartbeat.