Used 2002 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews

Used Optima for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

The Car that will surprise you

Aaron, 07/09/2006
LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Just a note to those thinking of buying this car. I owned my KIA Optima for 4 years. I recently was rear ended by a full size truck traveling 40+ miles per hour, totaling my KIA. I was amazed at how it reacted. The rear completely crumpled leaving the passenger compartment intact. Even the police officer was shocked at how well it handled and that I was able to walk away. This car has been the safest, lowest cost of ownership, and most fun sedan I have owned. I never had any problems with my car, I put on 96,000 miles on it, and tearfully will have to say goodbye to it. I recommend this car to anyone looking. I am going to purchase the new KIA Optima this week. Enjoy!

Dangerous car

walkstick, 08/13/2005
LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

As soon as I bought this car I started having electrical problems with the car. I would lose all lights, steering, brakes, and air bags for the vehicle. Kia was no help in finding the problem with my vehicle and I totaled the car in July 2005. The only good thing that saved my life was the seat belt installed in the car. There was a burning smell that came from the car and the dealership had a hard time duplicating the problem. They changed many items on my car but they were not sure they had fixed the problem and in some cases were scared to drive the vehicle themselves. Please report your car to the NHTSA if you have this problem so it can be fixed

NO regrets

BOW, 07/25/2008
SE V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used in '03. It had 27,000 miles on it and was a rental. Before the Kia I had a Mitsubishi Galant. I traded in @ 120,000 miles and 2 transmissions. The KIA is a very well made car, seats are very comfortable, very solid feeling for a mid-size and economical car. Have had no major issues and have 143,000 miles on it now. Even though I did not get the 100,000 mi warranty because I bought it used, no regrets. Would buy another. Think they are well made and a great value. Wish it had a sunroof though!

Awesome!

Allen, 09/21/2008
SE V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My aunt purchased this car new, and i have always wanted it. I got it and love it. My car has 154,000 miles on it with many more to come. NEVER has left me stranded, the only thing ever replaced is 02 Sensor which is normal to go out after 100,000 on any make or model car.

It gets the job done

Convinced, 08/24/2010
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2008 from a private party. It had 120,000 miles on it. I have put about 60,000 miles on it in 2 and a half years. In that time, I have had to replace the power steering pressure hose (upper) and power steering return hose (lower). I have had to replace the starter. I am not complaining as the car has over 180,000 miles on it now. It is still solid. The engine does not smoke. The AC still blows cold air. The biggest problem I forsee is that the transmission shifts erratically. It seems to slip a little in between gears. I am a backyard mechanic. If you work on your own KIA, go to kiatechinfo_dot_com, put in your car VIN and you can view repair manuals online.

12345...12