2017 Kia Niro Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Kia Niro Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Niro model:

Why a Niro?
By Bill Steel

2017 Kia Niro Touring 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

After researching the possible decision to "go green", getting the best gas mileage, I felt that since I already owned a Kia product, that a Niro was worth looking at. After getting several offers online I ended up getting a Niro from the one I had bought from in the past. I've been driving my Niro for almost a month now and put about half the gasoline I would normally use. It is comfortable and has decent acceleration for a Hybrid. As of now I'm probably going to stick with the Niro line.

Try the rest, get the best!
By RJE

2017 Kia Niro LX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

Cons- Owner manual poor(Pages falling out, index nearly useless), no spare tire, 59 MPG INDICATED vs 54 MPG actual. . Pros- Easy for 6 footer to enter/exit. Advanced Tech Pkg is intuitive. 54 mpg on 3600 mi trip. Ocala,Fl to Kingston,NY- Milwaukee,Wi- Ocala. AC@76F, drove @ speed limits, Tires @40psi. I insulated AC hoses (under hood). All lites (interior + exterior) are LEDs (except Turnsignals, fogs and HiBeams). Very quiet 'cause 4 wheel wells, doors, engine compartment and exhaust pipe have extra sound insulaltion.

Love It
By K Blake

2017 Kia Niro LX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

I enjoy this vehicle. Got and finish is great. Acceleration is great for a hybrid. Transitions from EV to gas engine are seamless. Mileage has been consistent with EPA estimates. Overall, I get 49.5 mpg on average.

We Love Our Niro
By FiveLes

2017 Kia Niro EX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

Everything works well. Acceleration is great. Good car for around town chores. Brakes a indicated is a bit not form, need to get use to it and press harder. Engin eis smooth. Transmission is smooth, good for stop and go traffic. Dashboard has good layout. Need to have better graphics on the main instrument panel to make the feel more high tech. But overall a VERY good hybrid car.

Love this car so far.
By Mark

2017 Kia Niro EX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

I really like that this car can go for 500 miles between fill-ups and then only have to put in 10 gallons of gas. saves me time not having to stop at the gas station and money. The car drives well and I have had no quality issues. It has a lot of interior room yet the car has a small foot print and can park easily in tight spaces. The ride is nice, I have taken it on a 1500 mile trip and was very comfortable and got about 43MPG doing about 85MPH on the freeway. I really like that in stop and go traffic it isn't burning gas. The only negative is that it can be a little jerky when the car transitions from regenerative braking to acceleration, like when you pull up to a stop sign and then immediately start to go because there is no other traffic.