2017 Kia Niro Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Kia Niro Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Niro model:

We Love Our Niro
By FiveLes

2017 Kia Niro EX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

Everything works well. Acceleration is great. Good car for around town chores. Brakes a indicated is a bit not form, need to get use to it and press harder. Engin eis smooth. Transmission is smooth, good for stop and go traffic. Dashboard has good layout. Need to have better graphics on the main instrument panel to make the feel more high tech. But overall a VERY good hybrid car.

Love this car so far.
By Mark

2017 Kia Niro EX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

I really like that this car can go for 500 miles between fill-ups and then only have to put in 10 gallons of gas. saves me time not having to stop at the gas station and money. The car drives well and I have had no quality issues. It has a lot of interior room yet the car has a small foot print and can park easily in tight spaces. The ride is nice, I have taken it on a 1500 mile trip and was very comfortable and got about 43MPG doing about 85MPH on the freeway. I really like that in stop and go traffic it isn't burning gas. The only negative is that it can be a little jerky when the car transitions from regenerative braking to acceleration, like when you pull up to a stop sign and then immediately start to go because there is no other traffic.

Great Gas Mileage in a comfortable car
By Michael Glass

2017 Kia Niro EX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

I looked at every new mid and small SUV on the market this past December and I selected the Niro from KIA. While there may be cars out there that look better and some that are even more comfortable but our primary reason for buying this new mode of transportation was economy. NO ONE beats the Niro hybrid on gas mileage, most SUVs use twice as much gas. One of the interesting things about this car is that it gets better gas mileage in town than on the road. NOT what I expected.

Perfect, Princess, Package!
By Deb

2017 Kia Niro Touring 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

This is the 35th car I have purchased in my lifetime. Owned everything from a Ford to Infinity. The Niro is cute, ride is good, gas mileage is fabulous. I commute 50 miles a day for work, I LOVE getting gas every two weeks versus once a week. I have had no problem adapting to the rhythm of driving a hybrid. My first car was a manual transmission, so if you have this type of experience you can adapt well to the hybrid rhythm, it is different than a regular car. Easy to park, the extra features are great. I hope to keep this one for it lifetime.

Good car but horribly cheap handles
By Nicole

2017 Kia Niro EX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

I have been spoiled by my Acura and Volvo but wanted something cheaper and better MPG. Handles well, good and comfortable for long drives. Transmission is a little sluggish at the start and jerky time to time but nothing bad. Gotten used to it. Driven 4K miles and outside door handle breaks off in my hand!!!! I'm not strong arming the handle for it to break off. Cheap plastic. Hope not dealing with door handles breaking every 4K miles! Can't use the door now till gets fixed. WTH Kia?!? Use better product for handles!!