Used 2011 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Will stay with KIA!!!
By Ernesto

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Im just a normal working guy! Got my wife a used 2010 TOYOTA COROLLA S - But we love and enjoy my 2011 KIA FORTE! Nice features and very economic! I used to have a 2006 Kia Spectra 5 - Never had an issue!

Fast and furious
By Paula

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Love driving the car. Steering is super easy and smooth, hugs the corners, glides right down the high-way and the power is there when you need it. I love the look of it... got mine in white, very girly. Cutest car in the universe. I find it extremely comfortable and so does my 120 LB Labradane. He's got plenty of room to stretch out in the back seat and is perfectly fine hopping in and out. Overall I love the car and look forward to driving it daily. Technology... Okay so maybe I am spoiled because I came from a 2015 automobile with all of the cool techie features. I mean the XM is good but options and sound quality is awful. Speakers are awful. Could have spent a little more for the navigation and back up camera. Since I got such a good deal on this car I have asked the dealer to upgrade the radio/system/speakers. Problem fixed.

Hard to beat at this price point
By Dan

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased EX 5 door auto new. Have 64K mile on it, and it has never seen a repair shop. Oil changes and one set of tires are only maintenance expense so far. Mileage is as expected, 29-31 in normal driving, 70/30 city/highway. Did get over 41 mpg one time when I held it at 60 on an interstate trip. Normally get 33-35 on the highway. Best features are the seating comfort, both front and rear, outward visibility, cargo capacity, reliability, and economy of operation. Worst features are the navigation and backup camera implementation. Navigation commands sound like broken, computer-generated English, making it difficult to understand which road to turn on at times. Backup camera has a design flaw, IMHO, where it takes 7-8 seconds for anything to appear on the screen after starting the car. So I start the car, immediately shift into reverse to back out of a parking space, then wait for 6-7 seconds for the image to appear. Kind of negates the purpose of having the camera. But, even with these 2 nits, the Forte is a very nice car.

Nice car
By Rick

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Very important to have "quiet" tires. Purchased Michelin "Defender" tires and ride is great and QUIET. Does not have a "engine temperature" gage only an "idiot light".

Grandson's car
By richard palmateer

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this car for my grandson. He has become a very good mechanic. This car had 73000 miles when purchased and needed shocks and front brakes, which we did ourselves. Overall I was impressed with this car.

UPDATE: CAR WAS TOTALED IN APRIL 2017 - FOLDED UP LIKE A TIN CAN! GRANDSON WAS NOT INJURED, AIR BAG WORKED BUT SEAT BELT BROKE.
To be fair, the crumple zones were very effective. Crumple zones are designed to take a lot of the impact. This accident was a 45 MPH impact and all he got were burns from the air bag, so I would rate safety at a 5 star.