2018 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Over all very pleased!
By Joseph Hayes

2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My salesperson was very helpful and knowledgeable of my Jeep. I wouldn't have bought it without his help!!

Still a Big Fan!
By LS Proper

2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I had to special order my 2018 JL Sport S since 2 door models with the 3.6 v6, 6 speed manual transmission, a soft top and technology package are rare.
Because of that, I seem to have missed all of the recalls that are effecting the earlier builds. After a month and 1,600 miles, I can share some observations.

Likes:
The new soft top is fantastic! So much easier to lower & raise compared to my 2002 TJ.
Seats are very good and, along with the tilt/telescoping steering wheel, it’s easy to get comfortable.
In mixed driving I’m averaging 20.1 mpg which, compared to the 14 mpg in the TJ is decent.
The uConnect iPhone interface works well and the standard speakers sound pretty good.

Dislikes:
The 6 speed manual is good but the clutch SUCKS. Way too light and the engagement point seems to change every time you take off from a stop. Very odd. Besides the TJ and a Porsche Boxster-S I currently drive, I’ve owned 20+ cars with stick shifts and NONE have ever had such a vague feel.

I’m not a fan of the stock Bridgestone tires and can’t wait for them to wear out so I can install some BFG KO2’s

Regrets:
I should have ordered the automatic trans.

Bottom line:
I’m happy with the JL so far. Since it is a new model, I do check the VIN on the Mopar site on a regular basis. Also, to avoid issues if/when my Jeep needs repairs, I did research my three local dealers service departments before choosing one to lease from. Since it is a lease, I can’t do much accessorizing, but I do have the option of turning it in after 36 months if my experience goes bad.

Finally a Jeep Rubicon I can live with!!!
By BEEGLE2

2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Owning a Jeep Wrangler has long been on my list of vehicles to own, but it was always a big compromise in on-road manners to gain off-road prowess. That compromise is no longer an issue with the new 2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon. The new Wrangler is MUCH more composed and well behaved on the road than the previous version, offers significant improvements in economy and comfort that makes the Rubicon almost as good as a daily driver as it is wandering the great outdoors. We purchased an ORANGE 4-door Wrangler Rubicon with the 2.0L turbo and have loved every minute. Not many vehicles can pull off a color like this but it looks great with the black fenders and hard top. Plus when recently hiking the local mountains we could see it from a mile away (for the directionally challenged :) The comfort improvements are remarkable, but don't expect this to ride like a mini-van. It's still loud and bumpy, but not so much as before and definitely within reason for a an off-road SUV. Highway noise is present but not obtrusive. Handling is good for a vehicle with 11 inches of ground clearance and stock 33-inch off-road tires. Off-road is where the Rubicon comes alive. The stock Rubicon has enough off-road hardware that you always feel comfortable and capable regardless of the trail condition. The little 2.0 has plenty of torque and power and doesn't drain the gas tank. We averaged almost 23 MPG for our trip up the mountain, several hours spent on the trails, and back again. The engine has been a gem. The stop/start function takes a little getting used to, but now I have it on all the time and love to hear it shut off (and stop using fuel) when sitting at long stop lights or waiting in the drive-thru line. The 2018 JL Wrangler has also caught up with technology. We opted for the 7.0 touchscreen and the LED lighting package. The infotainment system integrates with Carplay for music and navigation (works well so far). The LED light package really gives the Wrangler a modern look outside. They went all-out on the LED lights including interior lights, tail lights, even the license plate light is LED. And finally there is nothing like driving the Wrangler with the front roof panels removed. It's a simple process and really lets you enjoy the great outdoors. I don't know if I'll ever go fully topless for a variety of reasons, but I've already got my eye on a reasonably prices roof hoist system to make roof removal fast and easy. If you've ever wanted a Wrangler, this is the vehicle to buy!!!

My first wrangler!
By Marc Anthony

2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first wrangler, so I can’t compare it to previous generations, however; based on my search and reviews, this truck has a lot of improvements. I like the alpine sound system, the LED package, and of course the 6 speed manual transmission. The Apple car play syncs very well. I have had the truck for two weeks already put 900 miles on it.. If I would improve anything, I would like a bigger glove box and a bigger cup holders,

Improved but not Perfected
By JakeCake

2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Quality is improved, ride noise in down, technology is improved and of course still the most capable out of the box vehicle you can buy. Go anywhere and be unstoppable with a Jeep. The leather is on par with even luxury SUV’s. My only complaints are with safety tech- 2018 offers no active braking or anything else to that effect, only 2019’s as an option. Then the touch screen. While improved still useless unless you get the top tier 8” screen with apple android car play. How this is not standard we will never know! Visibility improved and feels great on the road.