Used 2016 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

It's a Jeep Thing!
By Noemi Santana

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Owning a Jeep Sport Wrangler is a choice based on personality and lifestyle. I love it; my husband doesn't. I like everything about my Wrangler -- size, noise, shift, color, shape, truck-feel, safety in bad terrain and snow, great highway pickup, ease of determining parking fit and ease of parking -- and how cool my grandkids think their grandma is in her gear-shift Jeep. It's not the greatest on mileage but, hey, what's a little hiccup?! On the more practical side, it has great resale value. I'm purchasing it after my lease terminates now.

Owned it almost 3 years
By Edintexas

2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

It is a Jeep not a sports car or even a conventional soccer-mom-suv. It excels at offroad driving, not hugging paved corners or hitting the apex, to be honest it is not the best commuter car either but I use it as one happily. I get 18-18.5MPG on mixed driving. I take the top off (not folded back) about 200 days of the year, I take the doors off maybe 100 days. That gets as close to the feel of a Motorcycle as possible with 4 wheels and a roll cage.

Know why and what you are buying
By BB

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Jeeps are a vehicle that is in a very small class and you have to enjoy the vehicle to be happy with it. A Jeep can go almost anywhere snow mud and high water, but for that you must pay a small price. The ride is a little on the rough side, so test drive one first. I am on my fourth one.

none
By ernst

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I know it is a jeep and I did buy it to drive on the beach but the lack of a back up camera is frustrating. The headlights are to dim and do not light up the road well. The driver's seat and ride is great, but the front passenger seat is uncomfortable. (did not believe my wife about this until we went on a trip and she drove a 2 hour leg).

Fun in the sun
By Scott

2016 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Its Jeep - rides a little rough but goes anywhere. Truly a fun vehicle and if you pull the back seat out there is a ton of cargo room in the two door!