Used 2012 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews

Used Liberty for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

27000 mile PRETTY LEMON

craig waters, 02/01/2017
Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car with 12 miles on it and the Nightmare is here at 27000 miles my car is 5 years old going on 6. It was the Sunday before Christmas I was driving the car and all of the sudden the horn began blaring on it's own, lights flashing on and off....... I'm in Las Vegas NV where the average driver has a firearm. I was afraid I would be shot because the Cars ahead of me actually thought I was harrassing them to move. drivers actually stoped their cars walked back to me threatened to kick my rear end if I kept blowing my horn at them. Several drivers flew me the bird and started blowing their horns back at me trying to provoke an altercation, Some irate drivers screamed at me and called me names, Some harked up and spit at me one irate man stoped in front of me jumped from his car and kicked my car. I thought the FACTORY alarm was faulty so I went to Audio express which was a few miles away and begged the Manager to please help me stop the horn he tried and tried finally he cut an "OFF MARKET piece from the ALARM......THE FACTORY ALARM THAT CAME WITH THE CAR WHEN PURCHASED BRAND NEW MIND YOU!!!!! That stoped the horn. That was done but ha ha ha it was NOT the Alarm.... The week of New Years..My car would NOT START called roadside assistance they could not get the car started he told me I needed a NEW BATTERY....... I went Mobile Mechanic he told me the Battery had dead cells. I brought a brand new Battery and he installed. Went to start the car a week later it was dead as a door knob I called roadside assistance again he tried and tried to start it all types of lights on the dashboard lit up I have never seen so many things lit and it just died..... Roadside assistance said I needed an Alternator..........I brought the Alternator and had it installed. Now I still have NO HORN although I brought all of the Batteries, Alternator and Brand New Alarm.........I am afraid to drive my car ...... and my latest NEW problem the antifreeze is disappearing from the car. I am a Senior 66 years old and afraid to drive this car......I thought I was buying a fine AMERICAN CAR......I cannot afford the prices at the Dealer Service dept at Chapman Dodge Las Vegas NV . I am stuck with this LEMON

Headache and or Nightmare

Logan Johnson, 12/06/2018
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I Tracy McNeal - Johnson purchased a 2012 Jeep vin# last 6- 200628 for approximately 16,000.00 (cash) in Feb., 2018. Since i had this vehicle, its been horrible . Engine light stays on... brought the vehicle back three different times for service and lost of work and earnings from my New York City Fire Department Job. Jeep service experts stated claim that my vehicle was fixed with all new parts and ready for the road. You would think that if Larchmont Jeep dealer would have service ALL vehicles before sale? Presently as we speak, my Engine Light is back on and there is NO heat, heating system failed ! I conferred with Manger John at said location however, he wants me to bring my vehicle back on Monday, December 10, 2018 once again for service. It's costing me time and money that I don't have and extremely inconveniencing my safety and lifestyle driving this Jeep vehicle. Furthermore, went to Eastchester Chrysler Jeep for service and manger stated that this jeep is a lemon.... Have part on back order regarding Engine light being on..... Tracy McNeal- Johnson (646)423-3340

LOVE MY JEEP LIBERTY MORE THAN 8 VEHICLES

Angelica, 12/31/2017
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

its the best vechicle one EARTH

Don’t read into the negative headlines

Alek , 06/26/2020
Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Growing up in rural Ohio, we were taught to be frugal. There wasn’t much in the way of luxury. So when I got my first vehicle, a 2000 Ford ranger, I expected to have it for another 10-15 years. After exhaust issues, along with countless Ohio winters eating away at the body, it was finally time to get something new. I wasn’t looking for a liberty when I got it, but if I saw the reviews, I wouldn’t have got one. However, don’t listen to those reviews, as you’d be making a BIG mistake. The 210 hp motor, while being undersized in comparison to the competition, is more than adequate. Has no issue getting up to 60 and beyond, and is relatively quiet in the higher speeds. Handling is what you need it to be. These jeep is easy to drive, just enough “fancy” to appeal to the higher class, and enough “no frills” attitude to appeal to that crowd. This jeep is perfect for your drive to work, a cruise on the highway, a trek on the trails, and anything in between. With a 5,000 pound tow capacity, it’s also good for towing your camper for your weekend away. When comparing fuel economy to other suvs in its class, The liberty does fall flat, and the seats are a little uncomfortable, but when it comes down to it, for me, no vehicle compares to the liberty. If you’re looking for a reliable, go anywhere vehicle that’ll last you 20 years then the liberty is for you! I highly recommend it!

It's Great

truckres, 03/02/2012

We spent over a year researching and testing vehicles before we decided on the Liberty. We wanted something that did 3 things. Could go off-road on some fairly tough trails, could tow a camping trailer, and can still be used as comfortable daily driver. The Liberty does all three very well. We have had it a month now, and find it to be very comfortable to drive, quiet on the highway, maneuverable, great in the snow, and though early perfectly reliable. The Limited has a nice leather interior and other nice to have features like power seats, bluetooth, etc. We strongly considered Xterra, FJ Cruiser, Wrangler, and 4-Runner. All were either too big, too expensive, or not daily driver friendly.

12345...7