Used 2012 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews

Used Liberty for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Best choice for the money

keno90, 02/23/2012

This vehicle is the best choice for people who are on a budget, actually need a 4x4, towing and have children. Edmunds is crazy to say otherwise. I wonder sometimes where these guys live and if they have a budget. There is no other vehicle in this class, at this price that even comes close. We just traded our 2008 Liberty in on a 2012 because they were selling them so cheap. We got a very well equiped (4x4, V6, towing package, sunroof) Liberty for $23,700. That was the dealer price folks, not with anything down or traded. We were actually upside down on our trade but it was worth trading because it lowered our payment $50 a month.

12 months and no regrets

krisiam, 11/28/2012

First and foremost I love this car because of the value -- an unbelievable deal at the time I got it at the end of '11 taking advantage of mfg. incentives left me with a 4x4 with popular option group for 22K. That's so low for a 6 cylinder 4x4 SUV it's unreal. Front seats are supportive and would be comfortable except for the placement of the driver's side seat belt the metal part digs into my hip and becomes painful on long rides. Stereo has decent sound and the output to hook up the mp3 player is a nice. Have had some electrical issues which affect the horn and audio controls, have had it in 4x for the same problem(s). Holding out hope they'll resolve it, want to keep it forever.

Owners Review 3 years (35k miles)

PAF20, 12/21/2015
Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Car review people don't know what they are talking about. They don't live in Colorado. The Liberty has adequate power to get you on I-25 on long on ramps. It is good in city traffic on acceleration. The 4 speed transmission may be outdated, but the newer 7 + speed transmissions on newer Jeeps like the Renegade or Cherokee (not the Grand) designed by Fiat have problems, beware. The 4 speed transmission on the 2012 Liberty is very reliable. Sure it is not a luxury vehicle, but you don't live in it. It is good overall despite it's fuel economy, but most 6-8 bangers don't get that well of gas mileage, especially the Toyota 4-runners, which the Jeep Liberties are supposed to be matched to, not like the Rav-4 or other wimpy crossovers that use 4 bangers. Car critics don't know what they are talking about because they don't own the vehicles they test. It is just their opinion. Talk to ones who own the Liberties and uses them. You will not find very many Jeep liberties on the used car lot. Many are keeping their jeeps.

All exellent consumer reviews Why do the pros not like this vehicle

adrexel, 09/13/2012

I have a 2004 wrangler sport and just traded in a 2009 grand cherokee with a quadra trac 1. Living in maine I wanted a vehicle that was trail rated and could seat 5 and tow 5000lbs This liberty fit the order. My wife and I love it. I being older the crossovers do not appeal to me if I want a soft ride I would by a car. Great vehicle!

Not Recommended for Long Term Ownership

Sam, 01/29/2019
Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My 2012 Jeep Liberty has problems that should not be happening for under 60,000 miles. Bought vehicle brand new in early 2013........Some problems include; the interior dashboard pieces started popping out due to the elements, side plastics on drivers side seat cracking, ignition accculator, one power window motor regulator, power window master switch, and shocks....To make matters worse the tires wear out faster in this type of vehicle regardless of keeping up with the rotations......Not worth owning. Jeeps are only good for short term leases. Not ownership. Too many problems after the first few years.

12345...7