Used 2012 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Not a good everyday vehicle
By HeyGuy

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I should have done more research. My current lease was ending and I needed a new vehicle. I found a 2012 Jeep Liberty Sport with low mileage and at a great price, so I got it. In reality, I probably could’ve lived with it but I’m so happy that the dealership has a 3-day guarantee return policy. After a couple days of driving, I realized I had made a mistake. After one day, the gas meter was down a third – this thing eats gas. I did some research and realized how poorly this Jeep ranks relative to other vehicles from 2012. There are just so many more – better performing – vehicle choices.

The body is super heavy, and takes effort to stop. The steering is stiff and uncomfortable, and the acceleration isn’t great. Once you need to get past like 35mph, the rpms shoot up way high. I should’ve listened to my gut at the dealership, but figured I would just get used to the driving dynamics (again, thank lord I could take it back). Plus, the engine is super loud – a constant growl that forces you to speak a bit louder to passengers. Not yelling by any means, but you wouldn’t hear a whisper.

The interior isn’t nearly as bad as people say, decent features, comfort, and speakers. I think the exterior looks great, but not good enough to make up for just about everything else that’s bad about it.

If you need an SUV specifically for off-roading or towing, this Jeep will do the trick. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

My pursuit of Happiness is LIFE in my Liberty
By Kelly

2012 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Needs 4 wheel drive because she doesn't like snow..but she loves gas..

Liberty 10 years later
By FILO

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We recently purchased a 2012 Liberty Latitude from CarMax. We bought a 2002 a year after it came from CarMax in 2003. We loved the old one but it tired and we got a Town and Country 2012. My wife's car, a 2008!sevring convertible was difficult to use in Texas Summers. This winter she decided she wanted the van. So I got the Liberty. It's the old one but so much better. Everything. The Latitide came with leather, chrome, power, and a sunroof. It's a tad bigger than the 2002. It is comfortable and rides like a Liberty, tad bouncy but on the road and easy to steer. It's electronics, motor, transmission and all is vastly improved. We had the 2002 for 10 years. This will be my last vehicle. It's awesome. I recommend it if you want a true SUV that can do it all.

Luv my jeep liberty jet in style
By Teri in G-ville

2012 Jeep Liberty Limited Jet 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This suv is comfortable affordable dependable. Tows our boat with no problems. It's six years old over a hundred thousand miles and runs great. We keep up with all recommended maintenance. Love my liberty.

LOVE MY JEEP LIBERTY MORE THAN 8 VEHICLES
By Angelica

2012 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

its the best vechicle one EARTH