Used 2005 Jaguar XK-Series Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jaguar XK-Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:

Superb GT Car
By Jag Lover

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This 2005 XKR coupe is the third Jag I have owned. Previous cars included a 1969 E-Type 2+2 and a 2004 XK8 coupe. While this car is now 11 years old, it is drop dead gorgeous, and I still find myself sneaking out to the garage occasionally at night just to admire it. The DNA from the E-Type is much more obvious for this first series of XK8s and XKRs than the 2nd generation XK8s and XKRs, and just like the E-Type, these cars will always look beautiful no matter how old they become. And while they look great in photos, they have a very striking physical presence when seen in the flesh that rivals any exotic from Italy or Germany. I never feel as though I am playing second fiddle when driving this car. If the E-Type is a WWII Spitfire, the XKR is a Lear jet on steroids. It is a superb, outrageously beautiful, classy, and fast GT car with an original 2005 sticker price of just shy of $100,000 that can now be purchased for around a quarter of that price. Eventually, the ones with low miles and in great condition are going to begin to appreciate significantly in value. The perfect combination of speed, grace and sensuous good looks. A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

Black Cat
By RMM

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Have wanted this car for many years - love the look and the class that it has. For the money, the best looking car on the road. Relatively new owner and love everything about it so far. People always are telling me how beautiful it is...

08/30/16 - Still in love - the more I drive this car, the more I enjoy it. Extremely tight, solid feel - quick and responsive. Wonderful to drive on long trips and short ones too... I always get nice compliments about the car. Truly a great touring car...
08/31/17 - Still in love - the car has been almost perfect - I actually had someone leave their business card on my windshield in a parking lot recently asking me if I wanted to sell it to them! Still enjoying everything about the car... Planning to go on several long road trips with it this fall.
03/1/18 - Had the top down all last weekend and enjoyed the spring drives. Still in love with this beautiful car! No issues to report.

Fantastic
By Jagman

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Swapped my 2002 XKR for this 2005 XKR. Definite upgrade & improvement. Since both cars were black, most don't realize it is not the same car. However, the increased horse power and extra gear (6th) give a different driving experience and improved performance over the previous model. This car can be driven all day and averages close to 20 mpg, not that I care, but it is impressive. Best car I have ever owned.

You can drive all day in comfort. Plenty of power on tap. Great handling. Gorgeous. All this car and a warranty!

Change radio antenna from electric telescope to a windshield antenna.

Just traded
By Jagman

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Five months ago I traded my 2002 XKR conv. for the 2005. The only available was the same color: black. I can pass it off as the same car, if I want. The upgrades are subtle but significant. I thought the 2002 was the best car I ever owned, the 2005 is now the BEST. More power, more torque, 1 more gear, better handling, better looking exterior. I really look forward to driving every day. This car has the power available when you want it. It is also very comfortable on long trips. The 2008 may be next, when my warranty expires in two more years.

Smooth power, handling, shifting. Very comfortable interior. Beautiful exterior styling.

The only minor drawbacks in the 2005 are the top storage and the retractable radio antenna. Both have been improved on the new 2007-08 models.

On Top of the World
By GOKITTY

2005 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have wanted a Jag for over 30 years. Well, it was finally time. Just to make sure, I drove every conceiveable competitor. Corvette, BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, Aston Martin, Lexus - you name it. The XKR is the best overall choice. It is stunning. Strangers drool. It is THE gentleman's sportscar. And the service from Hennessy was unbelieveable. Top notch.

Elegant interior and exterior styling. Acceleration from 0-60. Stunning with top up or down. Excellent trunk space for a convertible.

Navigation system is outdated on 2005 model. My portable Garmin is much better.