2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-TYPE model:

Jaguar F-Type R Rules the road
By Mike Arias

2017 Jaguar F-TYPE R 2dr Convertible AWD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

It has a very small trunk. If you want to drive yourself and two others, don't get this car. It accelerates like a supercar and gets the same type of MPGs (low). It is a blast to drive, even if to the grocery store - remember small trunk means not a lot of groceries. Otherwise, I bought in September from a dealer that was closed most of the month due top hurricanes, so I got the best deal of my life. I have to watch it like a hawk, because my wife want to drive it and more than once she got out of the house before I did and it was gone, gone, gone. Its just that much fun to drive and the styling is the best Jaguar has done since the E-Type. So far, everything works, no problems with reliability. Not really impressed with the 9 speaker audio system, it kind of rattles, but who cares, turn on the by-pass for the mufflers and music is made the natural way - with a big powerful supercharged V-8.

Get behind me satan...
By Delray Tommy

2017 Jaguar F-TYPE R 2dr Convertible AWD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

bought brand new, now with 2800 miles , been through ox sensor new catalytic converter left side , new NEw New jaguar has developed self scratching paint!! woo hoo brits are on top of it. Back in paint shop for second time to try and correct paint that scratches off between plastic side skirts and body, I WILL NEVER EVER BUY A JAGUAR AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RUINED NEW CAR BUYING EXPERIENCE FOR me.

A lemon or a Jag? What's the difference?
By Alex Stoyanov

2017 Jaguar F-TYPE 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6M)

This car was the biggest disappointment out of any car my wife and I have ever had. It looks great and drives good but we never get to drive it. Rather than that spend our time calling and leaving messages to various people at Jaguar NA and the dealer to check on repair status with no success whatsoever. The car is on its 5th visit to the dealer's service department and every visit is for more than a week. we leased the car less than 4 months ago and it's been nothing but problems. Water leaks, strange smells, check engine light on all the time, reduced performance issues, malfunctioned gas pedal. You can tell they invested the money in making the car look good but underneath that pretty skin it is a terrible turd. Between my wife and I we've had more than 10 BMW products and neither one of them has come anywhere close having problems like this. On top of that Jaguar NA would not return my phone calls - total lack of customer service. Stay away - buy Japanese or German.

Worst new car experience in 40 years.
By SantaMonicaKeith

2017 Jaguar F-TYPE S 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6M)

My jag is a lemon. Engine stalls out and dies in eco mode. Transmission goes into park, dash lights go out and the engine stops. No diagnosis, no fix, no clue. Wiring issue disables SRS system, exhaust, passenger seat, windshield wipers. Vapor lock and fueling problem. The car doesn't recognize its own key. Oh, and the trip odometer has more mileage than the actual vehicle odometer....WHAT?! I've had the car five months and it's been in service for a total of 7 weeks, and I am still having problems with the engine stalling out. I only have one key. And I'm waiting to find out if Jaguar will replace my 2017 F-Type S convertible with a new, identical, one.

A dream car - with a stick no less!
By NY F-Type Lover

2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Premium 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6M)

Best review I can think of: Driving the other day and this 20 something year old in a Nissan Altima is taking pictures of my car. He is racing ahead, then holding back, then right next to me. At a traffic light, he pulls up next to me and rolls down his window. He apologizes for making an idiot of himself with the photos, but just wants me to know that when he gets home, he is posting the pictures of my car on his Facebook site with the intended caption stating that 'this is my dream car". That is what it is like to drive a Jaguar F-Type. Oh, and did I mention it has a manual transmission? The color, the wheels, the styling, the butterly smooth action and positive engagement of the clutch and stick...I could go on and on... Note: I am running this vehicle on fuelly.com for MPG results. Look under 2017 Jaguar F-Type.