2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-TYPE model:

Flashy BRG
By William B. Kleefisch

2017 Jaguar F-TYPE R 2dr Convertible AWD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

Absolutly love this car. It sounds as good as it looks. I always get compliments. We have not had any problems in our first 17 months of ownership.

Jaguar F-Type R Rules the road
By Mike Arias

2017 Jaguar F-TYPE R 2dr Convertible AWD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

It has a very small trunk. If you want to drive yourself and two others, don't get this car. It accelerates like a supercar and gets the same type of MPGs (low). It is a blast to drive, even if to the grocery store - remember small trunk means not a lot of groceries. Otherwise, I bought in September from a dealer that was closed most of the month due top hurricanes, so I got the best deal of my life. I have to watch it like a hawk, because my wife want to drive it and more than once she got out of the house before I did and it was gone, gone, gone. Its just that much fun to drive and the styling is the best Jaguar has done since the E-Type. So far, everything works, no problems with reliability. Not really impressed with the 9 speaker audio system, it kind of rattles, but who cares, turn on the by-pass for the mufflers and music is made the natural way - with a big powerful supercharged V-8.

Seating comfort ! What comfort ?????
By Chuck

2017 Jaguar F-TYPE S 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6M)

Seating comfort in non existent !

Get behind me satan...
By Delray Tommy

2017 Jaguar F-TYPE R 2dr Convertible AWD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

bought brand new, now with 2800 miles , been through ox sensor new catalytic converter left side , new NEw New jaguar has developed self scratching paint!! woo hoo brits are on top of it. Back in paint shop for second time to try and correct paint that scratches off between plastic side skirts and body, I WILL NEVER EVER BUY A JAGUAR AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RUINED NEW CAR BUYING EXPERIENCE FOR me.

A lemon or a Jag? What's the difference?
By Alex Stoyanov

2017 Jaguar F-TYPE 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6M)

This car was the biggest disappointment out of any car my wife and I have ever had. It looks great and drives good but we never get to drive it. Rather than that spend our time calling and leaving messages to various people at Jaguar NA and the dealer to check on repair status with no success whatsoever. The car is on its 5th visit to the dealer's service department and every visit is for more than a week. we leased the car less than 4 months ago and it's been nothing but problems. Water leaks, strange smells, check engine light on all the time, reduced performance issues, malfunctioned gas pedal. You can tell they invested the money in making the car look good but underneath that pretty skin it is a terrible turd. Between my wife and I we've had more than 10 BMW products and neither one of them has come anywhere close having problems like this. On top of that Jaguar NA would not return my phone calls - total lack of customer service. Stay away - buy Japanese or German.