Skip to main content

Used F-TYPE for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

See Edmunds pricing data

Has Your Car's Value Changed?

Used car values are constantly changing. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in.

Price history graph example
We have a limited number of reviews for the 2017 F-TYPE, so we've included reviews for other years of the F-TYPE since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

10+ Months/11k+ Miles Later...

2016JagF-TypeC, 05/11/2016
2016 Jaguar F-TYPE 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Still in love and yes, extremely fun to drive! Just tinted the windows so it looks bad a** on white. I'll summarize the good and bad I've experienced so far. Pros: According to trip computer averaging a whopping 25.5 mpg in mixed city/hwy driving. Beautiful interior design and aesthetic layout of controls. My first Jag and everything was very intuitive and easy to learn. Very quick and super smooth gear shifts whether in automatic or using manual paddle shifters. Dynamic mode turns this from a civilized luxury sport car to a hilariously fun roaring "beast". Trunk space able to fit all road trip essentials including full size cooler and more. Once you find a good fit the sport seats provide excellent support and fits like a glove. Lovely safety features of the Vision Pack (e.g. blind spot monitor, rear camera, front and rear parking sensors, rear cross-traffic warning, etc.). Security knowing it's covered by Jaguar's "Best in Class" 5 yr./60k mi. warranty, scheduled service, and roadside assist. Exceptional VIP customer service from the dealership. Cons: Technology (e.g. GPS, electronic menu, blue-tooth, etc.) slow and from the stone ages. Experienced one or two minor electronic display glitches. Check engine light at 6k miles from faulty O2 sensor, dealership replaced . Low front plastic air dam annoyingly scrapes bottom all the time. Speakers vibrated on high volume at beginning but problem seems to have gone away now? I get friendly compliments from people all the time. My best experience is driving with the stereo off just listening to the purr of the active exhaust note or rocking it with the stereo on full blast. I actually get an urge and miss driving it if a few days have passed with it sitting in the garage. Worth every penny in joy and happiness imo!

Wonderful car.

Jim, 10/03/2016
2017 Jaguar F-TYPE S 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6M)

I've only had the car for a month. So my review will be limited to initial impressions. Looks. The car is stunning. I've never had a car that people stop and take pictures of when it's parked. And I've owned some VERY nice sports cars. Sound. The car sounds incredible, especially in dynamic mode with the exhaust in loud. i've always thought Porsche flat-6s sounded the best, but the Jag is darn close. Handling. I'm still getting used to the car, haven't really played around with it with the stability control off. But it has minimal body roll, and very linear (if touchy in dynamic mode) throttle response. It throttle steers well in corners. Power is adequate. Book says 0-60 in a smidge under 5 seconds, and that feels about right. Yes, a new base boxster will about match it for less (I test drove one), but who wants to listen to a Subaru soundtrack. Turn in isn't as quick as my old Boxster, no surprise, but it isn't bad. As good or better than a Z4M Coupe. Braking is nothing short of incredible. I have the performance braking package, and while a bit touchy, stops are extremely short and consistent. Jaguar obviously uses a very soft "track" pad, as even a short drive will coat the wheels with brake dust. Which I'm sure means shorter replacement intervals. Ride. Actually not too bad. My car has the 20" Carbon Fiber wheels (they are really aluminum with some attached CF accent pieces), but it still rides tolerably, I commute 110 miles to a client site twice a month, and the trip is easy and comfortable. (Bear in mind I've owned sports cars my entire life, so my opinion of "comfortable" and yours might differ:)). Visibility. OK, here I need to deduct points. The door sills are high, so it is difficult to see curbs when turning and parking (I leave plenty of room) and resting you arm on the door sill leaves it at an odd angle. The nose is long, and I would HIGHLY recommend the package with the parking assist. I don't need the backup camera as much, but the front sensors for pulling forward are a godsend. Overall visibility really isn't that bad (better than a new corvette in my pinion). Just the price you pay for form over function. Storage space. a glove compartment, arm rest compartment, and open cubby are what you get up front. Generally all I need, but the rear compartment is rather small, there is a little area that is deeper, but you really are going to have issues with more than a few soft suitcases. Technology. Oodles. As expected, it has pretty much everything you could want. An awesome sound system, loads of customization for car systems, very good blue tooth integration, you can adjust the side bolsters in the seats (Ok, not really tech, but it is very cool), etc. The navigation system is not very intuitive though. Read the manual before you jump in and try to program in a destination. You're welcome. Reliability. No problems to date. There is an annoying buzz/rattle in the right rear, which might just be the cover for the storage area, I haven't located it yet. But other than that, nothing of note. Anyway, I'd highly recommend the F-Type. Yes, you can buy cars that perform better for less. But unless you're tracking the car (and driving for track times) you'll never notice the few tenths of a second here and there. You get a stunning car, that sounds incredible, and is a blast to drive. And you won't constantly pass yourself, as you will if you buy a Porsche, Corvette, etc.

2 out of 5 stars

Warning F-Type VIN SAJWA6AT1H8K38814

Steve Miller, 04/10/2018
2016 Jaguar F-TYPE 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Warning for potential buyers of black 2017 F-Type VIN SAJWA6AT1H8K38814. I am the original owner of the car which was bought new in Greenville, SC. The car was bought back from me by the dealer because it has a defect that can't be fixed. In hot weather only, the dash makes a horrible creaking noise. In cool weather it is quiet. The dealer tried to fix the problem more than once, they even tried replacing the dash, finally they admitted they could not fix it. At that time, the plan was to replace the car. Long story short after six months of stall tactics and excuses, they would not replace the car without me having to spend in excess of $10,000.00. No thanks, I know better than to throw good money after bad. Since I had them dead to rights with a potential lemon law case, they agreed to buy the car back for the entire sales price. After I signed the papers, the sales manager admitted to me that they planned to resell the car as they weren't sure it had a defect. What??? Apparently they are going to claim amnesia when they sell this lemon to an unsuspecting buyer on a cool day when the defect is not evident. Sadly a used car buyer will not have the protection of the lemon law that I had. If you are thinking of buying this car be sure to drive it on a sunny hot day after it has been sitting outside, you will change your mind. If you have bought this car, please contact me (look on Facebook Jaguar F Type fans page for my post). I have the proof you need to get your money back. This dealer is has no integrity whatsoever and Jaguar should be ashamed that they represent them!

6 months of ownership

J. Scott, 12/09/2018
2016 Jaguar F-TYPE R 2dr Coupe AWD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

I am absolutely in love with my 2016 F type R. No problems, except that I can't go anywhere without attracting attention. I love the looks, performance and so far, no mechanical or service issues. It's a bad azz piece of machinery beautifully hidden under an exquisite piece of art.

Don't think twice, think three times BEFORE BUYING

B, 09/15/2016
2016 Jaguar F-TYPE S 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6M)

This is my third F-Type in two months. The first was a "Certified" 2014 auto "S" with 12k mi., the second was another "Certified" 2014 auto base with 40k mi., the third is a previously unregistered 2016 Jaguar executive car with a manual (an "S") with 5k miles. Good: all three look great. The acceleration with the autos is great...the manual less so. Bad: all three had/have defective fuel fillers, defective stereos, squeaks/chirps/rattles/buzzes. (And the second one had a radiator hose rupture during the test drive...but I still bought it after it was fixed.) The first two were each in the shop for a week just after purchase due to these KNOWN problems. The dealers admitted they knew there were service bulletins out for these problems, but stated that Jag won't pay them to fix these problems pre-delivery. Each was bought back. Jag refuses to fix the defective stereos and told me it would void my warranty if I paid the $4k necessary to make it sound good. No joke: the $500 Fender stereo in VW's is light years better than the 770W Meridian system, which spews out muffled bass and tinny mids. The bass is distorted in all of them. Try this: compare bass at full with sub at zero and vice versa--not much volume from the one at full. Then, put one at full and add some volume from the other: disproportionate volume increase and muddy distortion. Then, put them both up high and send the sound to the back: not much from the subs in back...except for gurgling distortion. I thought the 2016 models had all of these problems fixed. I was wrong. Shame on me. The present car is a lease and the dealer won't unwind it because the car was never previously registered. I got an amazing lease: a $96k sticker reduced by $25k, making a first month plus fees drive off with $762/mo. for 33 mo. with 15k mi./year thereafter. But, if the stereo is so bad, the gas pumps shut off twenty times during fill-ups, and a buzzing erupts when the exhaust button is on loud and the accelerator is depressed between 2,650 rpm and 3,000 rpm, how good a deal is it?? I could go on and on.... Never again an F-Type. Never again a Jaguar. Just buy a good used 911 and be done with it.

1 out of 5 stars