Used 2011 INFINITI QX56 Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 INFINITI QX56 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:

Huge SUV rides like a luxury sedan
By Shawnna Connolly

2011 INFINITI QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

I've had my QX56 for about 4 years now (second owner). I love it! Does everything and anything you want it to in comfort and luxury.

Black Beauty
By Tricia

2011 INFINITI QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

This has been the best vehicle we’ve owned. It looks great on the inside and out. The perforated leather is extremely soft and very comfortable. Sunroof and bright xenon headlamps comes standard. It has great visibility; huge side view Mirrors and sits very high up on the road. 400Hp V8 makes it very powerful and surprisingly quick for a vehicle this size. Also at night, the blue and white gauges are really sweet to look at, and the interior has these little led lights that glow on the door handles, floor, and ceiling to shine on the dashboard. Infiniti really covered all the bases. Also has been very reliable for the years I have had it but in case something goes wrong Just get an extended warranty for extra security! 10/10 recommend!

Beautiful and Stylish - Mechanically Unreliable
By JD Huntley

2011 INFINITI QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

We’ve had this vehicle now for about 18 months. We just hit the 100k mile mark. I’ve got a CEL on due to likely having a faulty catalytic converter (or possibly two!). I’ve got paint chipping off around the vehicle. The CD/DVD player still gives us fits. I’ve already had to put about $6k into it over the last 6 months ($5k for a rebuilt tranny and $1k for a fuel pump). Oh God, have mercy on me, since we’ve decided this is the vehicle we plan to use for several years to come, I hope these problems are all we need to deal with for some time. I rolled the dice on making the big transmissions investment expecting/thinking/hoping the motor is going to go for a LONG time. My three lessons learned from all of this.
1) Purchase an extended warranty for any future used car purchases.
2) Don’t buy only on emotion (i.e. only buy a car that looks sweet or has our color, etc.)
3) Buy only Toyota or Subaru for the rest of my life.

Comfort and Room
By Tara Embry

2011 INFINITI QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

Love my SUV! Can’t say it is the easiest to get into, maybe because I’m short, but once I’m in, I’m good to go and it is comfortable. I rely on the camera system to park since it is a larger SUV than what I had before.

Great styling and reliability.
By Jamesstrusz@gmail.com

2011 INFINITI QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

Make sure timing chain replacement was performed. Nissan may end recall in January or February 2018 and if deadline is missed it cost 4k for Infiniti dealer to replace. Other than that and new front axle seal, no issues yet at 100k