Used 2011 INFINITI QX56 Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:

Beautiful and Stylish - Mechanically Unreliable
By JD Huntley

2011 INFINITI QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

We’ve had this vehicle now for about 18 months. We just hit the 100k mile mark. I’ve got a CEL on due to likely having a faulty catalytic converter (or possibly two!). I’ve got paint chipping off around the vehicle. The CD/DVD player still gives us fits. I’ve already had to put about $6k into it over the last 6 months ($5k for a rebuilt tranny and $1k for a fuel pump). Oh God, have mercy on me, since we’ve decided this is the vehicle we plan to use for several years to come, I hope these problems are all we need to deal with for some time. I rolled the dice on making the big transmissions investment expecting/thinking/hoping the motor is going to go for a LONG time. My three lessons learned from all of this.
1) Purchase an extended warranty for any future used car purchases.
2) Don’t buy only on emotion (i.e. only buy a car that looks sweet or has our color, etc.)
3) Buy only Toyota or Subaru for the rest of my life.

Comfort and Room
By Tara Embry

2011 INFINITI QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

Love my SUV! Can’t say it is the easiest to get into, maybe because I’m short, but once I’m in, I’m good to go and it is comfortable. I rely on the camera system to park since it is a larger SUV than what I had before.

Great styling and reliability.
By Jamesstrusz@gmail.com

2011 INFINITI QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

Make sure timing chain replacement was performed. Nissan may end recall in January or February 2018 and if deadline is missed it cost 4k for Infiniti dealer to replace. Other than that and new front axle seal, no issues yet at 100k

Best car we’ve owned!
By Smith

2011 INFINITI QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

Not sure what prompted me to write a review now other than we are looking for a car for our 16 year old and am reminded how much we LOVE our QX56! We have owned, Lexus, BMW, Saab, Ford and Honda cars to name a few and the Infinity tops them all. It is the most comfortable car we’ve had and it drives great! I love the style and the sleek interior. It is amazing on road trips and we are often asked to drive. The third row is cramped, but it is very usuable for shorter trips. We have had very few issues with the car over the past 7 years and look forward to buying another Infinity in the future, albeit not for our brand new driver.

Handles like a much smaller vehicle
By Gary Jensen

2011 INFINITI QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

Had zero problems with the vehicle. There was a recall that required the vehicle be in the shop for a few days, but they gave us a loaner, new vehicle, same type.