2018 INFINITI Q50 Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 INFINITI Q50 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q50 model:

Fun to drive
By JOHN

2018 INFINITI Q50 RED SPORT 400 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

Coming from a 2015 gs350 fsport. This ride is definitely louder but feels much sportier. You can hear the tires on the road. That being said I love everything else about the car. The technology and the dual screens i actually love. The steering with 1 button adjustment feels just as good as any car I have owned. It is fast I haven't even needed to cross 3000 RPMs yet to get to 80. I havent depressed the pedal past halfway yet! The value particularly on a lease for a 50-60k car is second to none. 400 horses and gas mileage better than my lexus. Love this car how it drives and how it looks. The only comfort features I miss but dont need is the power folding side mirrors and the power closing trunk.

3.0t is better than my BMW 428i X drive
By Sam

2018 INFINITI Q50 3.0t LUXE 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

Power and interior comfort is better than my 428i that is coming off lease. The 3.0T pulls really strongly from a standing start with no noticeable turbo-lag. Seats are more comfortable, better cushioned and a little larger than the BMW. The features included in the proassist, sensory and proactive packages add up to an amazing suite of safety and comfort technology. The interior design and materials are a cut above the other sedans in the Q50 class in my opinion. I drove the test drive circuit with my 428i after two test drives with a fully loaded Q50. Bottom line is that Q50 ride is better, acceleration is better (with no turbo lag), handling is a little less precise, with less feedback from the Direct Adaptive Steering, but overall a better feel. Going through a constant radius on ramp with the DAS was almost magical, with the car just tracking exactly where I pointed it, with no shudder in the steering when I went over road imperfections. I purchased a Q50 and got a better car for less money.

NOT SO LUXURIOUS
By G R

2018 INFINITI Q50 3.0t SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

I rented this vehicle on May 4, 2018 from Hertz. The vehicle looks nice on the outside and the dimensions give an impression of large interior size. However the vehicle is small on the inside. Especially the back seat leg room. The worst part is the road noise intruding into the vehicle on rough roads. The Ford Fusion and Hyundai Sonata are quieter on the inside and can be bought for thousands less. I'd skip this vehicle. However if your heart is set on this vehicle then make sure to test drive the car on a rough road. Then test drive a Ford Fusion and Hyundai Sonata on the same road before you purchase or lease.

Infinity and beyond
By Giuseppe cancellieri

2018 INFINITI Q50 3.0t LUXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

Great value for a luxury car

great car with best overall value in its class
By Jon

2018 INFINITI Q50 3.0t LUXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

My original lease for the 2014 Infiniti Q50 is reaching the end. Based on my past 3+ years experience driving the Q50 on a daily basis, I have decided Q50 is worthwhile to own for the long term. After reviewing the Q50 2014 vs 2018 model, I decided to purchase the 2018 Q50 due to a newer engine, improved onscreen response time, updated SOS communication module, etc.). For someone that drives 90 miles everyday, the active safety features (adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, etc.) is literally a life saver, and help to avoid accidents.