Used 2017 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Sonata for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

17sport

John wayne, 11/19/2019
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great car great mpg.

Not worth the money

W.Williams, 12/17/2019
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

In 2017, I purchased a new Hyundai Sonata Sport. I loved my car! The smooth and fast ride was the main reason I chose this car. In September 2019, my car started slowing down while I was driving. The engine light came on and the car continued to slow down. I managed to pull into a parking lot without getting into an accident. The dealership arranged to get my car towed to their location. They replaced the engine with a new one. It’s only three months later and I’m experiencing the same problem again. I took my car back to the dealer and the diagnostic test showed no signs of a problem. They reset the engine and to no avail the same issues immediately occurred. I’m trying to be proactive by addressing my concerns. It’s a scary feeling not knowing when my car is going to shut off in traffic. It’s too dangerous. My car is only 2 years old. Hyundai should be more experienced in fixing this problem, especially since my car isn’t the first car with this problem. At this point I feel my car isn’t worth my hard earned money.

hyundai sonata limited/sport 2.0t

Nievez Jimenez Lozano, 02/12/2020
Sport 2.0T w/Black Leather 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

No problem at all, and GREAT gas!

Bluetooth ringtone & radio channel failures

Nancie, 09/02/2020
SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bluetooth: All of a sudden I can't get the car's ringtone to sound even though my cell phone is alerting me of an incoming call. I've been to the dealership and T-mobile. Zilch! I say something somewhere is on "mute". No one is "expert" enough to find the problem, however. Radio Channels: I bought my car second hand and tried to delete the former owners selection of radio stations. No-can-do. The channels can be overridden but not deleted.

Red cars rock

Melody Smith, 11/14/2020
Sport 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Smooth ride. Feels and looks high end. It's my 6th Hyundai.