2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Santa Fe is like Santa Claus left me a fun toy
By John S

2019 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 2.4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 8A)

Don't waste money on the high priced optioned models. Much nicer than the 2010 Santa Fe I had for 9 years

Not Quite Ready for Prime Time
By D.E.DuBoise

2019 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL 2.4 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 8A)

This SUV has many features that are poorly engineered agronomically: The rear hatch is very slows to open and the opener, from outside, cannot be seen with the door open or closed--only in transit; The navigation system is poorly organized and the small and out of place indicators very distracting while driving; Just in passing only the Premier or top of the line has a parking assist; i.e, won't alert you before you hit the garage wall; The apple phone app works well with the Nav system, but the Android is a mess and when applied changes makes it confusing to get to your onboard data. I will leave the rest to you, but I wish WE had researched it more or maybe rented one for a week before we bought; had we done that we would not have this Hyundai SUV t. My comparisons here are with my 2016 Maxima, (which I wish I still had), in mind. AND remember the last time you purchased a car: Salespeople are shifty and never, ever buy the first day you talk with one. Their buying ceremony is setup to confuse and complicate the deal. Good Luck, make certain you are improving your ground transportation before you buy.

After a few days of owning/driving we are pleased
By Reagan R

2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We researched extensively for a replacement for my wife's 2017 MKC once we determined in our minds that it just wasn't going to be realible over the long term. The MKC was a Reserve model that has a great interior with nice materials and great tactile feel, the mpgs were respectable and in the blue metallic it was a great looking vehicle. Over time it spent repeated visits to the dealership for dash rattles that couldn't be fixed (it's a Lincoln, it should never have had a dash rattle), USB ports that repeatedly quit working and a couple of other issues. Confidence lost we started shopping for something with the best factory warranty that could be purchased and serviced locally (the nearest Lincoln dealer was a 30 minute drive) that would also provide a bit more rear passenger legroom and cargo room. Our research first led to the deals on the outgoing Santa Fe Sport, but once we were able to start getting info on the the new 2019 Santa Fe we knew this was most likely the best combination of price, warranty, equipment (in the Ultimate trim), size/room and safety features that fit our needs. The exterior is nicely styled and gives a stronger appearance to the Santa Fe that lends it more of a SUV look than the former crossover styling. It took quite a bit of doing to find a Quartz with beige interior Ultimate with 2.0t in the FWD, but has been worth the search and our local dealer was able to trade for it keep our purchase local. We are impressed with the clear and unobtrusive heads up display, the surround back-up camera system, the lane keeping features, adaptive cruise, ride quality, great rear legroom, rear cargo area and the overall looks of the vehicle. Had the opportunity to try the rain sensing wipers yesterday and they worked very well. Time will tell on the fuel economy as we knew going in that this vehicle isn't at the top of the list for mpgs. I would say my biggest nitpicks, which I had before the purchase, would be going from the Lincoln Reserve level of interior materials to those used in the Santa Fe. True, it's not really a fair comparison, but at the Ultimate price point it overlaps into MKC territory so I would hope Hyundai will improve their game there in the future. There are a good many hard to the touch surfaces in easy reach that could've been improved upon. The "carbon fiber" look trim (on beige or black interior vehicles) does not flow well with the design, it looks very base model and it really should've been a nice complimenting wood or satin metal trim. I'll get passed that of course, well, I suppose I did because we purchased it, but for the Uktimate price tag some of these interior details should be addressed. Also at the Ultimate price point a customer shouldn't have to find a unit with a cargo cover, floor mats, cargo net or rear protective bumper appliqué and then pay extra for those, these should be standard equipment. We wound up with one that did not have the appliqué, which I feel should certainly be standard on any level Santa Fe to prevent scuffing the upper bumper paint. In summary, we've only had the vehicle a few days, so I'm sure our impressions will change with time and miles, but so far we are pleased overall with our new 2019 Santa Fe.

Incredible Bang for the Buck
By MCore35

2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I did a *lot* of vehicle comparisons and test drives before I ended up deciding on the 19 Santa Fe. I considered everything from the VW Tiguan at the lowest price all the way up to a Audi Q5 and BMW X3 at the high end. None of them came close to providing the combination of features and technology on the Santa Fe. I got a 2.0T Ultimate with FWD and to get the same features I'd either have had to go with a much smaller vehicle that wouldn't work for hauling around 2 kids or pay 7-15k more (Ascent, RDX, Atlas, etc). The vehicle drives extremely well though the mileage on the 2.0 engine is nothing to get excited about (though I was coming from a 2011 Ford Edge so even the 20mpg in city driving is a 25% improvement). The interior is spacious and extremely well laid out with an upscale feel. Oddly enough I've always hated the skinny headlights on the Jeep Cherokee but I quite like the look of this vehicle, maybe the grill and large headlights are a factor. The side profile and rear views are very nice as well, especially with the 19" wheels that come on the higher trims. Overall I am thrilled with the Santa Fe and recommend anyone looking at a 5 passenger SUV to compare feature for feature with anything similar in size, you'd be hard pressed to find anything that'll beat it.

Sexy mom mobile!
By Lindsey Knight

2019 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL 2.4 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 8A)

I have recently upgraded to the 2019 Santa Fe SEL from my 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye and I couldn't be happier. I had a sporty car and needed something bigger because of my newly growing family. To me, my car has to be sporty and good looking, as well as great performance under the hood. My Santa Fe has all of these! It drives great, very comfortable and I feel very safe. With two young boys, the AWD feature was a must. I plan on driving this car for many years to come. I always look forward to taking it out on the road. Definitely recommend this car to families, who get a roomy car for a price that is not too hard on the wallet!