Skip to main content

$21,300

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Sporty. Fun. Nice!!

Keith M, 07/15/2021
SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Found on dealers lot. It included sun roof and full roof rack. Sorta a SEL plus but at a SEL price. Cool seats, steering wheel, dashboard, radio….three drive modes. Quiet ride. Tight steering. I’d buy again!

Great Little Car for the money

Wife Kona Review, 08/29/2021
SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Picked up one of these for the wife. They had a Bluewave with Black Top on the lot and the color combo is stunning. Alot of tech for the money. Ours is an AWD SEL. Drives nice and so Far 34 MPG. Looks to be a great little car to get around VT winters which can be pretty harsh up here. Plus since every other car on the road up here is a RAV4 or a SUBARU it is nice to not follow the crowd

2 out of 5 stars

Transmission problems after 3 payments on 2022

Carol , 11/07/2021
SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I’ve only made 3 payments and my car is in the shop needing a transmission. It also stalled while Driving. Check engine light came on. The rental car guy said he has people in his office daily from the Hyundai dealership across the street with engine and transmission problems. Wish I knew!!!

5 out of 5 stars

So happy with this purchase

imsydneyok, 10/25/2021
updated 04/27/2022
SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought this vehicle so I can't speak to how it holds up over time but for the price, I think this is the absolute best little SUV you can buy. It handles beautifully, sport mode makes driving quite fun, the keyless entry is everything and the mpg is excellent for the body style! I also use apple carplay incessantly and the wireless connection is pretty cool. I absolutely love this car and I'm excited to see for how long I'll have this car. I bought it in the ocean wave color. I traded in my 2020 Toyota Corolla SE for this car, I absolutely loved that car but I think this Hyundai suits me better. :) UPDATE: I've been driving my SEL for 6 months now and I really really wish I had purchased one of the models with a higher horsepower engine. Apart from that I still love my car.

2022 Hyundai Kona SEL FWD

Bill, 08/11/2021
SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I rate my 2022 Hyundai Kona SEL as 4 out of 5 Star. My negative issues are it does not come with fog lights and they cannot be easily purchased and installed by the dealer at a reasonable cost. The lift gate is not automatic, only manual operated so the mechanical lift bars will eventually need replacement. The inside mirror has Blue Link but it does not have Homelink used for opening my garage door, have to use a garage door opener or get a homelink mirror. In today’s technology, the above should be standard from a safety perspective anyway. Other than the above, the SUV has much better pickup than my 2019 Toyota RAV4 Limited, a lot of room for 4 adults or 2 adults in front and 3 children in rear, a good size cargo area for a subcompact, very quiet with little outside noise, and a comfortable ride when traveling 4 to 5 hour trips. Mpg is about 28 city and 35 highway and overall about 33mpg. Gas tank is not as big as my RAV4 so we have to stop sooner for fill-ups than in the better compact models. We got the teal colored Kona that is very nice choice. We had Hyundai add a 1-1/4 inch hitch for a bike rack for a cost of $365 plus tax. We received a Hyundai Code T6S idle recall the month after purchased. Edmunds did not allow for the correct Transmission in our vehicle which is a 6 Speedamatic, not a CVT.