Used 2013 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:

Dealership Support Non-existent for A/C Problem
By Marianna M. White

2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

This 2013 Hyundai Genesis was our dream luxury car. Price was excellent for the standard equipment and options, the crash results were excellent, comparable to Mercedes, and the warranty was more than any other car on the market. We purchased the car new, from a Hyundai dealership in Feb. 2013. By May or June of 2013, we had a consistent problem of the air conditioner not keeping the car cool after 2 hours of driving. The air would slowly turn to ambient temperature and very humid. The unit was not freezing up. When the car sat, turned off, for 30 minutes, you could proceed on your trip for 30 minutes before the same thing happened. We took the car back to the dealership numerous times and no problem was found. They kept the car, drove it two hours on the interstate and said they couldn't duplicate the problem. We would take a road trip and sweat! Numerous meetings with the manager of the dealership got us nowhere. We asked that the air conditioner be replaced while still under warranty and we were told "we can't throw parts at the car when we don't know what's wrong. We have to send the old air conditioner back to the manufacturer and if we send it back and there's nothing wrong with it, we are penalized." Knowing that each dealership has allowances for write offs for items that just can't be fixed, which I told the manager, he still refused to help. I asked repeatedly for some solution to a brand new car with air conditioning that didn't cool for a 6 hour trip to see family. I asked that he replace the air conditioner while still under warranty because I knew he wouldn't "throw parts at it" when the warranty ran out. Saddest yet, the manager admitted that he had no doubt there was something wrong, but he couldn't do anything until he could duplicate the problem. My honest opinion is that if he didn't admit to duplicating the problem, then he didn't have to repair it. There's no way the car stopped cooling with us EVERY time after an hour and a half of continuous driving and it would not duplicate for the dealership for THREE summers. Yes, we've taken the car in for the same problem for three summers and we now have a car that is almost 5 years old and we can't drive it more than 90 minutes! The car is out of warranty and has 39,100 miles on it. I would tell anyone, this Genesis would be the best car we've ever owned if it had a decent air conditioner. Without a working air conditioner, none of the other wonderful amenities would ever make owning a Genesis worthwhile.

pitiful electronics
By LJ Morris

2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

bluetooth comes and goes, radio stops and windows work most of the time, I'm buying a nw car, won't be another Genesis

Genesis Is the New Beginning for Auto Experiences
By M. Martin

Repair costs are very low if you perform 15k Maintenance Services

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-Spec
By SoundLivin

2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

429 V8 horsepower with a 100,000 mile warranty on the drive train. Quiet, comfortable ride. Muscle car meets luxury.

Best car I've ever owned
By Tammy Sartor

2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

By far, this is the most comfortable, easy driving, quiet car I've ever owned. Hyundai was not even on my radar when I acquired this vehicle, but it is by far better to me than Lexus. I have only ever owned Toyota, so I was hesitant to purchase this vehicle. I purchased the extended warranty as a result. The seats fit me perfectly, and the heating part of the seats is divine. I will often just drive with it on instead of the heater (and sometimes in the summer with the AC on since it feels so good on my back). I am also blown away by the stereo quality. That, combined with the very little road noise, makes for such a pleasant driving experience that I'm not fatigued after a several hour road trip. What I don't like about this vehicle is it does not show the outside temperature continuously, it drips water into the trunk when the lid is raised in a rain, and the resale value is less than I would expect, say from a Lexus. However, the initial price is less also. I plan to drive the wheels off this car. The paint quality is excellent with some beautiful, not boring colors,( mine is Parisian Grey with a Saddle interior) the leather soft and high quality, the cruise control doesn't upshift on a grade like the Toyotas do, the transmission is excellent, LOTS of power for passing. It is effortless to drive.