2017 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Just what I wanted!
By Shari

2017 Hyundai Accent Value Edition 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased this car because I drive approximately 60 miles a day and needed something good on gas, comfortable and easy to drive. This little car was perfect. Although it had 5300 miles when purchased, I have added approximately 1400 since March 2018. The back seat can be a bit cramped if there are really tall people in the front seat. On the highway, the car has a smooth ride and is able to accelerate quickly when needed. The gas mileage is running about where I expected it to be, when using Ecoboost, which is around 34-35 MPG for combined highway and inter city driving. Not using the Ecoboost, for greater performance, the mileage still runs about 32-35 MPG. I have only had the vehicle for a month, but it seems as if it will be a great quality vehicle with acceptable maintenance costs. Warranty and extended warranty purchased through dealership should cover a majority of any problems that may arise between now and the time the loan is paid off. If you are in the market for a sporty looking, economical and comfortable small vehicle, consider the Hyundai Accent.

Best Little Car Ever
By Sandy Johnson

2017 Hyundai Accent Value Edition 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

This is the second Hyundai Accent I have purchased. I have found this model to be reliable and truly TROUBLE FREE. I had no issues with my previous car and went ahead and have this one and I love it too! It is easy to drive and handles really well. I feel safe and in control when driving this car and that is important to me. I have owned both a Hyundai Sonata and now two Accents and I would recommend either model to anyone. They are wonderful cars and really deserve more than 5 stars in my estimation.

Great engine and transmission--well built!
By Tom

2017 Hyundai Accent Value Edition 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

The 1.6 engine and 6 speed auto makes this car a great value! It is solid and gets you from point A to B easily! The seats are comfortable and supportive. The stereo really sounds decent for a small car. The warranty is the best and can be expanded to a 10 year 120,000 bumper to bumper! You won't find that with any other small car!

I love my Hyundai Accent
By Chelsea B

2017 Hyundai Accent Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first new car and I love it! I have had absolutely zero buyer's remorse. Previously I was driving a 1995 Nissan Altima, so this car is a huge improvement in every way possible. I live in a rural area and commute to work so I wanted something with good fuel economy, great night time visibility, and something I feel safe driving. The Accent exceeded all of my expectations. I am averaging 40 mpg! I've driven over the mountain pass recently and averaged 41 mpg! The steering is fantastic and I love driving through traffic circles and winding roads. The interior feels huge when you're inside the car and I can haul so much that I'm still shocked by the cargo space! The headlights are amazing, I feel like I have a really clear view of what's happening on and off the road around me. I love the Bluetooth capabilities, I am constantly playing music from my phone and love that I can safely answer phone calls. Even the color and appearance of the car is enjoyable. I opted for red because I wanted a bright color so my car wouldn't blend in with the background of rural driving. The dealership has contacted me multiple times to ask how I'm enjoying the car and I have no complaints. This is by no means a luxury vehicle and I've seen plenty of reviews complaining about the lack of features. This is a very basic vehicle by today's standards but if you've been driving an old rust bucket this car is a dream.

Awesome Bang for the Buck...
By JP

2017 Hyundai Accent Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Apparently October 2017 is a great time to cut a deal on a brand new Hyundai Accent Sport Hatchback. I leased a 2014 Sonata Limited for 3 years and have a foundation with Hyundai automobiles. I wanted a fuel efficient run around town car and the Accent Sport has exceeded my expectations. The car is literally loaded with every imaginable Sub Compact Options, Safety Features, Entertainment, and Electronics. I test drove the car twice and it was the 2nd test drive that sold me. Comfortable Seat, Sure Footed Ride, Acceptable Road Noise, Adequate Stereo, Fuel Burn Computer, Plenty of Room in the Cockpit for 4 plus Cargo. Alloy Wheels? 4 Wheel Disc Brakes? Steering Wheel Mounted Controls? Bluetooth Hands Free? 30mpg around town? 37mpg HWY? Best Warranty in America today. I paid $13,000 Cash. What's not to like? The ONLY gripe I would pass on is without a Turbo the 1.6L DGI engine requires a healthy amount of pedal to get moving. 3 Driving Modes...Eco, Sport, Normal... Take a Test Drive and decide for yourself. After all, this is a bottom of the line model for Hyundai...