Used 2003 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews - 861 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Drives like an Accord!
By Jeff

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has been an excellent car. Plenty of room for passengers and/or storage! As previously noted this car drives just like an accord! However, it does drink up the gas in the city. My only issue with his vehicle is the lack of support from the dealership! I would definitely recommend a Honda Pilot to anyone!

Love My 2003 Pilot
By FlyMeAway67

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Great: Excellent in snow and is better than any suv I have ever owned (I never got stuck in the snow here in MI) Comfortable leather seating and headroom. Heating and cooling works super. Minimal problems in the 5 yrs that I have owned it and I still love driving this thing! The Bad: Power door lock actuator on drivers door is broke (common) VTM sensor light pops on, the oil temp sensor on the differential is bad (common) Transmission light pops (had it scanned nothing wrong) but people have replaced their trans because of this common problem needlessly, it eventually stops popping up on after a couple of months on its own. 2nd row seats eventually will not fold down flat (common) Over-all: My Pilot has 193,000 miles, the body has a 1 quarter size rust spot on the passenger side lower rear wheel area and no where else, doesnt leak a drop of any fluid anywhere, all electronics work as it should, the steering is tight as if it was new. I am ready to replace this only because its starting to rust so I am hoping to find another one 2003 to 2005 with low miles and from the south so I can start all over again

Absolutely amazing
By Kiersten

2003 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My mother bought my Pilot new in 2003 when I was five years old. When I turned 16, I received the car to drive. Within two months, I plowed into the back of a Ram.... and my car was barely damaged, while I had no damage. I am now 20, a junior in college, and still driving this car because I just can't let it go. It has 235,000 miles and still running strong. This car has driven across the country multiple times, and has never had a major issue in its life. Aside from routine maintenance, my baby has never needed to go to the shop (except for a new hood after the accident.... oops). She's reliable, dependent, handles well, can fit 8 people WITH room for storage, and has a surprisingly great stereo system. Spacious, roomy, safe- the only negative thing I can say about this car is the gas mileage. It's pretty terrible. But, it still doesn't beat how reliable this car has been. Honda lover for life; EVENTUALLY, I will give mine up for a new Pilot.

Never thought I'd have a car w/200,000 miles on it
By Carolyn J

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/ Leather and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great for those soccer carpools, road trips, hauling stuff. Very reliable.

Great Used Vehicle Purchase!
By Sharon Brown

I bought this 2003 Pilot in 2009 with 143,000 miles on it. Since that time I have been diligent about timely oil changes and using higher octane of gas. Hate to jinx it, but so far so good - no major problems. I am now at 230,000 miles and have only had to repair common issues like struts that rust in a snowy (salty) place, and brake and exhaust mounts (same rust problem). This tough vehicle has been parked outside every winter since I bought it and has always started. I love how comfortable it is for both driver and passengers. My husband wants me to down size now that our kids are grown. I will resist giving up my Pilot until the bitter end.