Skip to main content
$25,760

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

American Made Luxury Cruiser.

Luke55, 09/08/2021
Touring 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

For the occupants of the front seats the 2022 Honda Insight Touring is a luxurious American Made cruiser with supple leather bucket seats and a quiet, smooth ride that really coddles ones bootie! I have read reviews about the CVT and how the reviewers hate them... I really love the CVT as it does the work without shifting... it fits the overall driving experience really well. This car is super easy to go the speed limit in, and is easy to avoid uneconomical habits like jackrabbit starts and stops. The motors work with you to deliver smooth power, basically if you drive this like it's a limousine with a client who isn't in a hurry in back you will get the most out of this car. The lanekeep assist and adaptive cruise control do about 65% of the work on long road trips, the driver is redundancy and you become a part of the cars tech package. One of my first drives was on a pitch black night between Ely and Wells Nevada, it was pretty harsh because it was SO dark and cars 15 miles away seemed much closer. The Lanekeep Assist really helped as cars actually got close. The headlights are super bright and most people flashed me like my brights were on. I am an older person and I am finding the tech to be very easy to use, and helpful in safe operation of the car. The milage isn't as great as projected, I'm hoping that is because it's summer in Vegas and the AC is working overtime. I'm hoping that will change in winter. The sound system is amazing! Professional reviews also gripe about the engine "roaring" as the car goes uphill. I will say that if you were INSIDE the engine compartment, yes it is probably a "roar". However, because you are isolated in one of the 5 seats in the passenger compartment, it is a very faint and distant "roar" that just sounds like normal engine operation. I am in love with this car, and didn't buy it because it's a Hybrid, but rather in spite of it. Keep in mind, this car drinks 87 octane fuel... (usually mid grade). I aslo considered the Mazda 3, Kia K5, Hyundai Elantra, and Nissan Sentra SE. I ultimately picked the Honda based on the cabin layout and push button gearshift. I purchased it sight unseen and waited 4 weeks for it to arrive (I bought it the day after manufacture and VIN assignment). This is by far the most comfortable, quiet and smooth riding car I've ever owned... I would compare the ride and quality to my grandmother's 1981 Buick Riveria (in 1981).. not quite as "floatly", but close. And so much better in layout and driving experience. If you are a person who likes to go fast and get fast quickly, or have more than 2 people in the car on a regular basis... skip the Insight, it is not the car for you. But if you like to go safely, comfortably, smoothly and economically... definitely consider the 2022 Insight. This is definitely the perfect car for an older person, it has everything that people who used to drive the sedans that Buick, Oldsmobile, and Pontiac would want, plus it's made in Greensburg, Indiana. (The Buick SUV I tested was made in Korea).

An insightful purchase

Charlotte49er, 09/11/2021
Touring 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I’ve been a mostly loyal Honda driver since 1986 and have found them to be reliable and practical vehicles through lengthy periods of ownership (I currently own two 2007 models). My local dealership is good, but I’ve primarily relied on a small shop that specializes in servicing Honda’s for maintenance and repairs since 1989. This largely impacted my decision to purchase another Honda. I attempted to expand my horizons and watched hours of car reviews on YouTube and poured over Consumer Reports before going on test drives. At the end of it all, I found myself back at the Honda dealership. Considering my new 40 mile round trip drive for work, a hybrid promising 50+ mph seemed like the practical purchase. Wanting to reward myself for my hard work and long-term frugality, I opted for the Touring trim level. While I didn’t think much beforehand of adaptive cruise control and the brake hold feature, I’ve really enjoyed using them during my commutes to and from work on a heavily traveled interstate and local highways. The additional safety features (lane keep assist and emergency braking) give me comfort. After nearly two weeks of ownership I’ve racked up more than 400 miles averaging 46+ mpg overall and 60+ mpg on some daily commutes. Having not purchased a new vehicle since 2007, I’m impressed with the technology they’ve packed into this car and how easy it’s been to learn to use. What it’s lacking: lumbar support, seat memory, wireless Apple CarPlay, Qi charging pad. Other areas for improvement: My wife complained that the passenger seat height is awfully low (she’s only 5’2”) making it hard for her to see. I think the driver seat has to be positioned somewhat low for the height of the armrests. Lastly, I’m old school and would have appreciated a spare tire being standard on the Touring trim level. (I paid extra for one.) Other: A CVT is new for me and it is and adjustment that is taking time. I wouldn’t let this dissuade you from ownership. I find the styling of this vehicle is much more attractive and sporty than the Prius. It’s size makes it easy to park in the parking deck at work. Trying to maximize fuel economy is addictive and like a game. So far, the positives of this car far outweigh the shortcomings. My commute is much better than I’d imagined. Will all owners find the Touring trim level worth the added costs? Probably not, but I’m a sucker for heated seats, a leather steering wheel, upgraded sound system, and a sunroof.

Great Hybrid Electric Vehicle

Tessa, 07/08/2021
EX 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just purchased my 2022 Honda Insight yesterday and I'm already looking for reasons to go places and test out all the safety and tech features! All three modes (EV, Sport, Eco) are super quiet which I really like. Traffic sign recognition also comes standard with this vehicle. Not a big difference between the 2021 and 2022. I did notice an extra Hybrid logo on the driver side. It was a tough decision between this and the 2021 Hyundai Elantra Hybrid, but ultimately the Insight has the highest safety ratings. Its a Top Safety Pick Plus by IIHS and has 5 stars across the board by NHTSA. I also like the quality of the interior design better as well. Overall this is a great vehicle and I'm really happy with my purchase!

Definitely not Toyota

Petepal, 10/19/2021
Touring 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I usually drive accords but I tried and bought the 22 insight touring In city driving I get around 53 to 62 mpg hwy 51 mpg The interior is definitely not a civic More like a upper class accord with yes a little less shoulder room but amazing enough more leg room than my 16 accord coupe and I am 6foot 2.add the safety suite and stop and go cruise well I love it and been driving honda for 20 plus years

5 out of 5 stars

Great car so I got another one

Taxman, 12/25/2021
EX 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It has been 3 years since I got my 2019 Insight. It has been such a great car that I also just purchased a 2022 model. Updated features and a great improvement. We now have a 2010 with 267,900 miles and no repairs, a 2019 and now a 2022. Best car for the money. Also 55 MPG helps also