Used 2013 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

On balance, a recommended car
By Glenn Harris

2013 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's not a particularly quiet car, but rides and handles well on reasonable - or better - road surfaces. (Keep the tires & wheels regularly balanced and rotated.) For a driver with a light foot on the gas pedal, MPG is great. Just completed a 280-mile road trip and got 41 MPG. Overall MPG for all driving in 2018 will end up at 36.9-37.0. Has great cargo space for its small size. Acceleration is not too good, but that's not why one should own one of these cars. Reliability has been excellent. Seats are good. The original, factory-installed Dunlop tires are nearing time for replacement

This is my third and last Honda
By Nicole

2013 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Long time Honda fan, owning an Accord and two Fits. (Previously drove VW's and BMW's.) Currently own a 2013 Fit which I purchased new, five years ago. My first Fit (2010) was totaled by a hit and run driver in Stonerville-Hypoxic-idiotic Denver, CO. Airbag deployed and I was left with only whiplash, thanks to Honda's safety measures.

Then, I moved to Las Vegas with my 2013 Fit and my A/C went out/replaced and battery replaced twice. I assumed over the brutal desert temperatures. After reading others reviews, I suspect it's cheap/faulty Honda. The new A/C unit feels like it's about to fritz again after only two years!

Overall it's a reliable, go-kart, putt putt car with a lawn mower engine. Cheap to maintain. You can load unbelievable amounts of cargo into it. I've camped in it. Traction on this model performs excellent on ice and snow.

However, little things are starting to add up especially after a recent road trip to California.

- Road noise is awful,
- 117 hp is dangerously under powered to try and pass cars - I had the petal to the floor and couldn't pass.
- The car is flimsy and unstable feeling at high speeds on the highway - feels like any wind will blow you into the next lane,
- uncomfortable seats for myself and passengers,
- mediocre gas mileage 20-33mpgs. When this car was new it gave me 35-44mpg highway. I've tried many things to restore this mileage to no avail.
- cheap paint job,
- TERRIBLE CHEAP INTERIOR THAT I CAN NEVER KEEP CLEAN! Oh Honda, why would you put cloth seats with little HOLES in them to grab every bit of lint, hair and garbage?! My interior looks filthy after one car load of passengers!
- My satellite radio had to be mounted underneath the CD player, closing off a cup holder slot.

After researching other vehicles and seeing how car technology has improved, I don't love my Fit anymore. I think there are better vehicles out there offering better gas mileage and a more comfortable ride.

Road noise off the charts !
By Paula W.

2013 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Great space for passengers and cargo. However, if you are someone who doesn't play.misic whole driving you will be very annoyed by the load roar of the road noise at speeds above 35-40.

Honda Fit Fits the Bill for Cargo Space and MPG
By B. Wendt

2013 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We had a Civic Hybrid, but needed a car with more cargo space. The prospect of giving up the fuel efficiency of the hybrid was painful, but the sacrifice was ultimately marginal and we got the cargo space we needed in our 2013 Honda Fit LX. Before we even started shopping, we asked Fit owners--both strangers and friends!--what they thought of their cars and it was unanimous: people loved their Honda Fits regardless of the specific year or model. And now, we are those people. We needed the cargo space to haul music equipment (think bulky and heavy) and the tiny Fit handles it all--a large Marshall cabinet, tubed head, three guitars, and an endless stream of small items along with a passenger. And, even though we initially weren't sold on the Fit's stubby appearance, it has been invaluable in finding street parking in the city. We test drove a 2016 model with 43K miles on it, but our older model had a smoother ride and, it turns out, the actual MPG on our 2013 with our driving is close enough to our hybrid's (39 MPG) that I can let go of my guilt for the most part. The only downside I can think of is that our model doesn't include anything fancy--there's only one dome light and there's no bluetooth--but it has everything we need.

FIT in there!!
By FITATL

2013 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, yet economical! Does well on long road trips, and in the city. I was amazed the 1st time I put a 6 foot ladder inside of it with the hatch closed!