Used 2009 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews - 256 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Loud & Rusty
By Mark

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Just returned a Chevy Cruze which I had for two weeks while my 2009 Fit Sport was in the body shop. Who has a car that rusts these day? I do, that's who. I've never heard a Chevy Cruse referred to as a luxury car before but I do so now. The Cruze is substantial, solid and much quieter than my Fit. I am sorry to see the rental go and my Fit return. I got spoiled.

They don't call it the "Fit" for nothing
By Edward Cohen

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car certainly treated me well over the years. It was dependable and was a workhorse. It my be small on the outside but I believe it has one of the largest hauling capacity of just about any car on the market today. The newer models have many added features at a great price point. This car surely deserves a second look.

No rhymes with a car named Orange! Fit is a Hit.
By Chuck

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

It is a small car that is a rough ride sometimes but the overall quality is way above average. Makes a great towed car behind a RV.

Good in some areas, bad in others
By NCnAZ

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car because I wanted something that could give me a lot of room and get good MPG. I got exactly that in the '09 Fit and not much else. PROS: cargo is great--fold flat (and I mean FLAT) rear seats are awesome, Honda's "magic seat" is very useful, love the hatch in the back--will never go back to a sedan, plenty of cupholders and small cubbies, handling is tight and agile, fun to drive around town with no weight in car. CONS: interior is 100% cheap, hard plastic with exception of leather wrapped steering wheel, seats are hard and unforgiving, acceleration is very bad--struggles to pass other cars or go up hills especially if there are passengers in the car, torque isn't great, car does not sustain acceleration at high speeds, A/C struggles mightily in extreme dry heat/sunlight or humidity--have been told the compressor is too small and the hood and cabin are too large to properly cool the vehicle. Struggles in adverse weather due to ~5 inches of ground clearance, (adverse weather) like....rain or...snow or...wind...it is a car that simply isn't designed well enough to drive and thrive in many areas of the country. Would I recommend this car? Yes, depending on where you live and what you need it for. Would I buy this car again? No. My priorities have changed and the car no longer fits my needs...and I miss being able to give a car gas without the engine nearly falling out on the road...

The Honda Fit is the proverbial Swiss Army knife
By Bruce Yasutake

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

60" tv in the box fit flat in the back of the car with the back seats down. Nearly 48" height with the back seats folded down. This car absolutely swallows up massive amounts of stuff in back. Great handling (though noisy) with nice pep most of the time. Excellent vision out of all windows except for an area around the side window pillars. Very economical to buy and maintain. I'm about ready to upgrade to a small luxury car (Audi A3), just wish I could find car like the A3 with the functionality of the Fit.